How can I quickly integrate 6e^-2t using simple techniques?

• Thread starter pinkyjoshi65
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about integrating 6e^-2t and putting in values for t as 0 and 6 to get a final answer. The answer is found to be 2.99998 when using the formula -3*(e^-2t)\int 6e^{-2x}dx=6\int e^{-2x}\frac{d(-2x)}{-2}=-3\int e^{-2x}d(-2x)=-3 e^{-2x}+C, where d(-2x)=-2dx.
pinkyjoshi65
integration---very simple..need help fast!

how to integrate 6e^-2t

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is very simple. What's confusing you about it, exactly?

dont know how to do it..lyke integal of it is 6*-0.5*e^-2t?

Looks right...

so now suppose i want to put in values for t as 0 and 6..will i get the answer as 2.99?

No, not at all.

Edit: No, wait, maybe. I read it wrong. I assume you know how to use a calculator, though...I don't see what you're asking help with anymore.

(e^-2t)/-3

pinkyjoshi65 said:
so now suppose i want to put in values for t as 0 and 6..will i get the answer as 2.99?

Yes you will get something like 2.99998

(e^-2t)/-3

Huh?

aaahhh sorryy its
-3*(e^-2t)

[tex]\int 6e^{-2x}dx=6\int e^{-2x}\frac{d(-2x)}{-2}=-3\int e^{-2x}d(-2x)=-3 e^{-2x}+C[/tex]
where [tex]d(-2x)=-2dx[/tex]
[tex]dx=\frac{d(-2x)}{-2}[/tex]

What is "Integration-very simple fast"?

"Integration-very simple fast" is a mathematical method used to find the area under a curve. It is also known as the Riemann sum method.

How does "Integration-very simple fast" work?

This method involves dividing the area under a curve into smaller rectangles and approximating the area of each rectangle using the height and width. The sum of these approximated areas gives an estimate of the total area under the curve.

Is "Integration-very simple fast" accurate?

Like any mathematical method, the accuracy of "Integration-very simple fast" depends on the number of rectangles used. The more rectangles used, the closer the approximation will be to the actual area under the curve.

What types of functions can be integrated using "Integration-very simple fast"?

"Integration-very simple fast" can be used for any continuous function, meaning a function with no breaks or gaps in its graph.

What are the advantages of using "Integration-very simple fast"?

"Integration-very simple fast" is a relatively easy and fast method for finding the area under a curve. It also provides a good approximation for most functions and is a good starting point for more complex integration methods.