Intelligent Design!

• Thread starter lucifer
  • Start date
Phobos said:
You seem to be talking about pantheism/deism. In general, ID’ers do not discuss who/what did the Design…or even how it was done. Rather, they tend to focus on arguing that the universe IS designed and then allow their audience to draw their own conclusions about the Designer. As mentioned earlier, part of the reason for this is because ID’ers want their ideas presented in public schools (which specifically disallow religious teaching).

Phobos, i can understand why you said that about me, since you dont me about my personal beleif. Well, I am neither both, even my thoughts might intersect with many staff in these two "schools ot thought". I do have a religion [ BTW: I am not a christian or a jew] and i do not like to have blind faith in God, since it is a great sin in my religion. Thus why i have to use Logic to prove God, adn then accept what He has reveald to us.

This comment may be a little bit out of the main track of this thread, but i feld saying this for clarifying some issues. :smile:

Here's a good article about the ID movement:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.10/evolution.html?pg=1&topic=evolution&topic_set=

In a democracy, every idea gets heard. But in science, not all theories are equal. Those that survive decades - centuries - of scientific scrutiny end up in classrooms, and those that don't are discarded. The intelligent design movement is using scientific rhetoric to bypass scientific scrutiny. And when science education is decided by charm and stage presence, the Discovery Institute wins.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
selfAdjoint said:
Didn't they produce strands of poly UUU by automatic generation from ribose in a solution of U molecules. And weren't they able to show that it did generate protein? I thought this was a famous old experiment.

That may be the case, but I don't believe coding strands have ever been produced from inorganic molecules (along with methane, I suppose, which is considered organic). It's odd that that would be the case, though. If one could produce nucleotides from inorganic ingredients, and another could produce coding strands from nucleotides, it seems a third should be able to produce coding strands from inorganic molecules. It's probably just circumstance that it's never happened.

I don't think everyone who entertains the possibility of ID is on a crusade against evolution. I do however, think it requires a kind of faith to believe in it.