Intensely Loud Question~H/w check

• Thread starter SwAnK
  • Start date
B would be at I=I_0.In summary, at a distance twice as far away, the intensity of the wave would be 1.25mw/cm and the dB level of the wave's loudness would be -6.02 or 6.02 depending on the reference point.
SwAnK
at certain point the intensity of the wave is 5mw/cm. How intense would it be at a distance twice as far away. and find the dB level of the waves loudness according to the first.

For the intensity since it is twice as far away i found out that it is 1/4 as intense so i got an intensity of 1.25mw/cm.
For dB I used the 10log*I2/I1, and got -6.02, or 6.02 depending on how you look at it. Do these answers sound right?? thanx

Physics news on Phys.org
Intensity goes as 1/r2, so the first part is right. If you're looking for the difference in decibel level, the second part looks right as well. If you're looking for absolute decibel levels, you need to consider it relative to the standard:

[tex]I_0=10^{-12}~W/m^2[/tex]

Yes, your calculations and answers seem to be correct. When calculating intensity, the inverse square law states that the intensity decreases by a factor of 1/4 when the distance is doubled. And for dB, the formula you used is correct as well. The negative sign indicates that the sound intensity has decreased while the positive value indicates the increase in the loudness level. Keep up the good work!

1. What is an "Intensely Loud Question"?

An "Intensely Loud Question" is a question that is asked with a high level of intensity and volume. It is usually meant to grab someone's attention or to convey a strong emotion or urgency.

2. How do you check for "Intensely Loud Questions"?

There is no specific method for checking for "Intensely Loud Questions". However, you can look for cues such as all caps, excessive punctuation, or words/phrases that convey strong emotions.

3. Why is it important to check for "Intensely Loud Questions"?

It is important to check for "Intensely Loud Questions" because they can often come across as aggressive, rude, or overwhelming. By identifying and addressing them, you can promote better communication and avoid misunderstandings.

4. Can "Intensely Loud Questions" be beneficial in any way?

Yes, in some cases, "Intensely Loud Questions" can be beneficial. They can help to convey urgency or importance in a situation and can grab someone's attention more effectively. However, they should be used sparingly and with consideration for the recipient's feelings.

5. How can I respond to an "Intensely Loud Question" in a professional manner?

The best way to respond to an "Intensely Loud Question" is to remain calm and professional. Acknowledge the intensity of the question, but try to de-escalate the situation by responding calmly and respectfully. It is also important to address the underlying issue or concern that prompted the intense question.