Intentional Abuse: Cruel Treatment of a Sweet Lady

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, a woman moved to a new area to be with her boyfriend, but he is now treating her poorly and picking fights with her. She spent all of her savings to move there and has no way of returning to her previous location. The man's behavior is cruel and the woman is left in a difficult situation. The person speaking feels sorry for the woman and is disappointed in the man's actions. They also reflect on their own long-lasting relationship and express a desire to help the woman, but acknowledge that ultimately she must make her own decisions.
turbo
Gold Member
I have an acquaintance (not a friend) who moved up here from Mass like many others in this area. His former GF moved in with him recently. She is younger than him, a bit overweight (that didn't matter to him before), and is pleasant and nice as can be. She spent all of her savings to move up here and she got a job in a local truck-stop. Now he is picking fights with her, and says crap like "move back to Mass if you don't like it". She doesn't have the money to move back down there, and has no attachment to that area anyway. I feel so sorry for her. That kind of treatment is cruel, IMO. She moved here to be with him, and found work right away to support herself, and he is acting like a jerk. I used to tolerate him, but I'll find that tough in the future. His GF is a sweet lady and she shouldn't be treated so callously.

Relationships can be lovely, with warm bonds, but hateful people can turn those bonds into cold chains. I feel so lucky to have hooked up with my wife. We are closing in on 40 years together. I think I'll keep her.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You and I are very similar. We have excellent relationships with wonderful women, who we have been with for many decades. We are also saddened when we see stuff like this. The hardest lesson for me to learn was that I cannot do anything about it. Everyone must live their own life the best way they can. Only if they ask for help can we offer help. The older I get, the more often I find people asking.

Last edited:
turbo said:
I have an acquaintance (not a friend) who moved up here from Mass like many others in this area. His former GF moved in with him recently. She is younger than him, a bit overweight (that didn't matter to him before), and is pleasant and nice as can be. She spent all of her savings to move up here and she got a job in a local truck-stop. Now he is picking fights with her, and says crap like "move back to Mass if you don't like it". She doesn't have the money to move back down there, and has no attachment to that area anyway. I feel so sorry for her. That kind of treatment is cruel, IMO. She moved here to be with him, and found work right away to support herself, and he is acting like a jerk. I used to tolerate him, but I'll find that tough in the future. His GF is a sweet lady and she shouldn't be treated so callously.

Relationships can be lovely, with warm bonds, but hateful people can turn those bonds into cold chains. I feel so lucky to have hooked up with my wife. We are closing in on 40 years together. I think I'll keep her.

You could lend her some money to move out of there, even if its just to somewhere else in town.

Turbo -
Not to sound like the Penthouse forums but what is Her story / His story.
Not to be stereotyping, but is she whinning about few friends, too country-ish, don't go out enough, or anything else that she might miss.. It is probably not what she expected and that could be making her feel ill at ease in her new location. He might be not such a bad guy afterall, since his retorts seem somewhat defensive if they are as what you describe. Perhaps she imposed on him rather than accepted an invite and it is not working out as they had hoped.

256bits said:
Turbo -
Not to sound like the Penthouse forums but what is Her story / His story.
Not to be stereotyping, but is she whinning about few friends, too country-ish, don't go out enough, or anything else that she might miss.. It is probably not what she expected and that could be making her feel ill at ease in her new location. He might be not such a bad guy afterall, since his retorts seem somewhat defensive if they are as what you describe. Perhaps she imposed on him rather than accepted an invite and it is not working out as they had hoped.
She has visited this area before a number of times and is well-liked by the neighbors. Now that she has spent her savings to move up here, her jerk "boyfriend" is treating her poorly. There is no excuse for that. I have never been too fond of him, but I'm even less inclined to treat him politely, now. And no, his GF doesn't expect much. She is quite happy to go to an occasional cook-out or to a a birthday party for a neighborhood kid. Nothing fancy, and no need for night-life - nice simple living is fine with her, AFAIK.

I would gladly loan her money if she would use it to go back to Mass, but it would be money wasted, since she would eventually end up back here anyway, IMO, and probably back in his clutches. Not a good situation. She has friends here (friends made on short visits, because she is such a pleasant person), and would like to live here, but her BF is a jerk and is treating her poorly.

It is really too bad then. The guy should step back a bit to converse and discuss with her in a more useful and suitable manner.

turbo said:

My wife and I are friends with a couple who have been having some problems. I usually don't like getting involved in other peoples' relationships, but the husband crossed the line last time. We invited the wife to stay at our place while he cooled down, and I went over to their house to have a serious talk with him. He is a disabled marine who likes to drink, so I was as calm and non-threatening as I could be without sacrificing seriousness. I was frank with him about his behavior and he seemed to respond pretty well. I also told him that if he needs to vent, then he can do it with me, not his wife. They are also seeing a counselor together.

I hope your acquaintances either break it off or seek professional help. Abusive relationships can become very dangerous for both parties.

1. What is intentional abuse?

Intentional abuse refers to any form of mistreatment or harm inflicted upon another individual with the deliberate intention of causing pain and suffering. This can take various forms, such as physical, emotional, psychological, or sexual abuse.

2. How can someone recognize if a sweet lady is being intentionally abused?

There are several signs that can indicate intentional abuse of a sweet lady, including unexplained injuries, changes in behavior or personality, isolation from friends and family, and fear or anxiety around certain individuals. It is important to pay attention to these signs and report any concerns to the appropriate authorities.

3. What are some common reasons for individuals to intentionally abuse a sweet lady?

There is no single reason for intentional abuse, as it can stem from a variety of factors, such as a desire for power and control, unresolved personal issues, learned behavior from past experiences, or mental health issues. However, it is never justified and is always an unacceptable form of behavior.

4. What are the long-term effects of intentional abuse on a sweet lady?

The long-term effects of intentional abuse can be devastating for a sweet lady. It can lead to physical injuries, mental health problems such as anxiety and depression, low self-esteem, difficulty forming healthy relationships, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These effects can last a lifetime if the abuse is not addressed and the individual does not receive proper support and healing.

5. What can be done to prevent intentional abuse of sweet ladies?

Preventing intentional abuse requires a multi-faceted approach that involves education, awareness, and intervention. This includes educating individuals on healthy relationships and boundaries, raising awareness about the signs of abuse, and providing resources for victims to seek help and support. It is also important to hold abusers accountable for their actions and provide them with the necessary resources to address their harmful behavior.