Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interactive timeout

1. Dec 23, 2005 #1

Aether

Gold Member

Since yesterday I have lost two posts that I was editing due to interactive timeouts. When I went to save the posts, I was prompted to login, but the posts weren't saved and when I used the back button none of the text that I had typed in was there (only the quoted material from here I have clicked on the "quote" button).

A few days ago I set my browser to block third-party cookies, does that have anything to do with this?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2005 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

If you've been composing, thinking, editing, rewriting, and don't want to lose the post to the timeout, copy the entire post with Cntrl-C before hitting "submit." If you made it in time, no problem. If you find you've been logged out, you can log in, go back to the thread, get into the posting window, and hit Cntrl-V. Saves your work, you can take your time.

4. Dec 23, 2005 #3

Aether

Gold Member

Thanks, but what I would like to know is if there is any way to: 1) have an open editing session saved automatically on timeout; 2) extend my timeout limit; or 3) get a warning before a timeout?

5. Dec 23, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Not currently. Be sure to select the "remember me" check box. It will prevent getting logged out. I was having that problem until I checked the box.

6. Dec 23, 2005 #5

Aether

Gold Member

Thanks, Evo.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?