Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interactive Trigonometry

1. Jan 19, 2006 #1
    I recently was given an assignment to find three interactive websites that refer to sine, cosine, and tangent. This wouldn't be a problem... if it weren't for the fact that the laptops they are required to run on do not have Java, and cannot load the applets. I need the URLs for these sites by no later than, say, eleven o' clock tonight.

I'm posting here because I simply can NOT find a website that does not utilize Java applets, and am at the end of my tether. Any websites would be greatly, greatly appretiated. They can be emailed to jpgohlke@gmail.com.

Thanks for all your help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2006 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you tried to google "trigonometry"? You will get lots of web sites. See if any will do.

4. Jan 19, 2006 #3
    www.mathworldd.com

any game dev site would use lots ofd trig but not actually have trig demos

5. Jan 20, 2006 #4
    The problem isn't lack of websites. It's that all the websites rely on Java Applets to run their programs/all the interactive parts. As I said, I can't use Java, so I need things that are server side or use some other format. I just discovered that flash doesn't work either... heh.

6. Jan 20, 2006 #5

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

7. Jan 20, 2006 #6
    ...That's exactly the opposite of what I need. What I'm saying is that I need things that do not use Java. They can not use Flash, either. They need to be server side applications. .php, .asp, whatever.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter now. It's all worked out, thanks for all your help.

8. Jan 20, 2006 #7

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

FYI: "Javascript is not Java"
    http://www.google.com/search?q="javascript+is+not+java"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?