How Can I Split and Reassemble a Video File for Interactive Programming?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, splitting and reassembling a video file for interactive programming involves using video editing software to divide a large video into smaller segments and then combining them back together in a specific order to create an interactive experience for viewers. This process can be useful for creating interactive tutorials, presentations, or games that require users to make choices or interact with the video in some way. It allows for more engaging and personalized content, making it a valuable tool for content creators and developers.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am looking for a way to cut a video file (format?) into a bunch of small files that can then be reassembled in "real time" in an order determined by an interactive program I'll write. The programing is not a problem; simple if/then logic and being able to read the small files from a CD/DVD (format?) then displaying.

I'm not familiar with the structure of video files. But I think any format that can be edited and recorded to a CD would be okay.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Computer science news on Phys.org
You'll probably want to use some type of video library like this:

http://libmpeg2.sourceforge.net/

The library you choose depends on which programming language and video format you want to use

dduardo said:
You'll probably want to use some type of video library like this:

http://libmpeg2.sourceforge.net/

The library you choose depends on which programming language and video format you want to use
I don't understand. Isn't the link for a decoder? How do I use it? What I'm wanting to do is record a person going through a set of movements then with a computer cut out the individual movements and save them to files that I can output depending on a user input.

Thanks

Don

Well, what language do you want to program in? What video format do you want to use?

Something simple like a basic compiler. I have Borland Turbobasic that works fine for everything except direct video writing (too slow); that's why I want to just manipulate files.

Regards

Don

Thank you dduardo. I'll go through the tutorial right now. I might have another question but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post.

Sincerely

Don

You might want to look at AviSynth and VirtualDub.
These programs can work independently or together and can take command files.
Plus they can handle most if not all video formats.

NoTime said:
You might want to look at AviSynth and VirtualDub.
These programs can work independently or together and can take command files.
Plus they can handle most if not all video formats.
I'm wanting to create an .exe where the users input (pattern reconition of user) will cause a loop of video files to branch to another loop.

Regards

Don

What is an interactive video question?

An interactive video question is a form of media that combines a video with interactive elements, such as questions or quizzes, to engage the viewer and allow them to actively participate in the content.

How does an interactive video question work?

An interactive video question works by presenting the viewer with a video that pauses at certain points to ask them a question or provide a choice. The viewer's response will determine the path of the video and the overall experience.

What are the benefits of using interactive video questions?

Using interactive video questions can increase viewer engagement and retention, as well as provide a more personalized and interactive learning experience. It can also gather valuable data and insights on the viewer's responses and behavior.

What types of content are suitable for interactive video questions?

Interactive video questions can be used for a variety of content, such as educational videos, training videos, marketing videos, and even entertainment videos. Any type of content that would benefit from increased engagement and interaction with the viewer can benefit from using interactive video questions.

Are there any tools or platforms for creating interactive video questions?

Yes, there are several tools and platforms available for creating interactive video questions, such as HapYak, Rapt Media, and Playbuzz. These tools often have drag-and-drop interfaces and customizable features to make creating interactive videos accessible for non-technical users.