Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interchanging diff. and integr. rigorously

1. Apr 12, 2005 #1
    I have some problems with what a prof. asked us in class. This is a class of analysis that is dealing with measure theory and stuff like Fourrier transform:
    I am really stuck with the following ( really have problem to explain the steps rigorously ):

(d/dy){g(x,y)} means differentiates(partially) g with respect to y
    i is the usual square root of -1

1-) For this one, x is in R^n, y is in R, f(x) is a Schwarz function ( or if you prefer in the Schwarz class, so as consequence, f is integrable over R^n and it is infinitely differentiable). Could anyone gives me the rigorous steps for this please:

integral( (d/dy){e^(-i*x*y)*f(x) dx} ) = (d/dy){integral(e^(-i*x*y)*f(x) dx)}

2-)Here is a simpler case: Let [a,b] be a close interval in the real. Integration is from a to b. Suppose that f(x,y) and (d/dx){f(x,y)} are continuous on R^2. Then again what are the rigorous justifications for this:

(d/dy){integral(f(x,y)dx)} = integral((d/dy){f(x,y)dx})

A really big thanks in advance if anybody could explain me this.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted