Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interested in nanotubes and nanotechnology

1. Aug 23, 2004 #1
    I'm the second year physics student and I'm very interested in nanotubes and nanotechnology. Does anybody know any links to e-books and lectures on nanotubes? Thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2004 #2
    I didn't find any free e-book on nanotubes.

Nevertheless, I think that some of these links can help you: :smile:

Te nanotube site: http://www.pa.msu.edu/cmp/csc/nanotube.html

And other links:
    From PNAS:

Appliance of nanoparticles in Biology / Medicine:

Nanotechnologie (In german)

4. Aug 25, 2004 #3
    Many thanks! The first link will help me for sure, but the others are very interesting.
  5. Apr 20, 2005 #4

Thanks a lot ryokan, you really helped my project get better.
  6. Apr 21, 2005 #5
  7. Apr 21, 2005 #6

Science Advisor

Suppose you had enough of these nanotubes lying together on a flat surface, packed like sardines, that your naked eye could see a little patch of them. What color would they be? I have been picturing them as gray, but I have absolutely no justification for that.
  8. Apr 21, 2005 #7
    The stuff I have seen, not pure carbon nanotube, was black. Think of coal, or dark pencil lead.
  9. Apr 21, 2005 #8
    Or diamond ? :smile:
  10. Apr 29, 2005 #9
    Also do check if your university subscribes to any e-book! It's an opportunity one shouldn't let pass by.
  11. May 4, 2005 #10
    I know very little about nano-tubes besides that they are cylinders made up of carbon, and they are very strong. Are nanotubes created or are they found in nature? If so where are they found?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?