1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interesting question

1. Oct 3, 2005 #1
    Hello all Genius people,
    how r u .This question might be easy for u but i am not able to solve this question.Can any body of u tell me to solve this problem in detail.I will be very thank ful to u .plz plz solve in detail.i have spent 2 days just thinking about this question but i was not able to get the right answer.

A piston cylinder device contains 1.2 kg of nitrogen gas at 120 kpa and 300 kelvin. the gas is now compressed slowly in a polytropic process during whivh PV ^1.3=constant .The process end when the volume is reduced by one-half. Determine the entropy change of nitrogen during the process.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Surely your text book contains a formula for caculating entropy under these conditions.
  4. Oct 3, 2005 #3
    no sir nothing is giving for calculating entropy under such conditions plz plz tell me the solution of this question
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?