What's So Great About Dirty Jobs? Exploring the Value of Routine Work

• Thread starter mgb_phys
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interesting
In summary, Mike Rowe's TED talk on celebrating dirty jobs is a must-watch for anyone who enjoys watching the show or works in an industry with health and safety policies. The presenter is smart and interesting, making the talk even more enjoyable. He brings attention to the importance of routine work and its often overlooked value. Overall, the talk is both entertaining and thought-provoking.
mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Physics news on Phys.org
loved it!

This is really awesome.

mgb_phys said:
For everyone who watches dirty jobs (I'm guessing most of us) and everybody who works in an industry with health and safety policies (a lot of us).

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/mike_rowe_celebrates_dirty_jobs.html

I hadn't appreciated what a smart and interesting guy the presenter is

So how would you comment or what is your opinion on routine work i.e. what the guy is talking about?

1. What is a TED talk?

A TED talk is a presentation given at a TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference. These talks cover a wide range of topics, from science and technology to art and social issues. They are known for being thought-provoking, inspiring, and informative.

2. How long is a TED talk?

A typical TED talk is around 18 minutes long, with some lasting up to 20 minutes. This time limit was chosen because it is short enough to hold people's attention, but long enough to convey a meaningful message.

3. Who can give a TED talk?

TED talks are given by a variety of speakers, including scientists, artists, activists, entrepreneurs, and more. Anyone with a unique and interesting idea or story to share can apply to give a TED talk.

4. How are TED talks selected?

TED talks are selected through a rigorous process. The TED team reviews thousands of applications and chooses talks based on their potential to educate, inspire, and entertain. Speakers are also coached and mentored to help them deliver the best possible talk.

5. Can I watch TED talks online?

Yes, you can watch TED talks online for free on the TED website or on their YouTube channel. There are also TEDx events, which are independently organized TED-like events, that you can attend in person or watch online.