Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interesting Theory

1. Jun 8, 2003 #1
    I recently ran across an interesting theory online. The author developed a geometric representation of SR that also explains the Dirac matrices as well as many other things. Has anyone else seen this?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2003 #2
    Not too many new items in there, and a lot of unfounded assumptions that have to be made such as the 1/137 bit. Also, bad physics for predicting velocity itself changes as a result of mere distance they way he attributes it to.
  4. Jun 12, 2003 #3
    Brad writes: "velocity itself changes as a result of mere distance they way he attributes it to."

How do you figure? It seems clear to me and everyone else I've talked to that his velocity is constant over time and distance.

Please explain.
  5. Jun 12, 2003 #4
    Please read the entire sentence etaylor:

You will see I was saying that is wrong, not saying that is the case, and it says that it does in his FAQ section.
  6. Jun 24, 2003 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Heh. I remember this. This was first posted by Dr. Strangelove in PF v2.0. I remember like 5 or 6 people signed up to sing the theory's praises: students, professors, scientists.

However, upon checking the IP addresses, it was found that they were all the same person: Dr. Strangelove.

I printed this document out back then, but never went through it. I think it's time to put this to bed once and for all. See you in a couple of days with my review of this.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?