1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interference Wedge Problem - Analytical Chemistry&Instrumental Analysis

1. May 6, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

A 10.00 cm interference wedge is to be build from a dielectric layer n=1.34 and glass plate covers which have a linear dispersion from 400 to 700 nm.

a) 1st-order-interference wedge
    How would be its construction?Indicate its thickness at the two ends of the wedge

b) What would be the position of the wedge on the way of the incident beam for isolation of band at 600.0 nm (order=1)

c) At what distance of wedges higher order of lines in the given range of wavelength will be observed?

2. Relevant equations

m(lamda)=2t/cos(teta) (m=order)

(lamda)'=lamda/n (n=refractive index)

m(lamda)=2dn

3. The attempt at a solution

For the first part of the solution I put the variables into the last equation and found the thicknesses as 149.25nm and 261.19nm at the ends of the wedge but I'm not sure about my answer also I could not find a way to solve the other parts..

Thanks for your help!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted