1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intergrate e^(t(x^2))

1. Jan 31, 2009 #1
    not homework but stumbled across it when i was doing homework, turns out id made a mistake earlyer and didnt have to do it but still the fact sits that i didnt know how to do it wether i needed to at the time or not...
    how do i intergrate

e^(t(x^2))

i know intergrating is the oposit of deferentiating so i started thinking, if i can find something that intergrates into it then i will have my answer. but the fact that it is e^x meens chain rule which meens the x in e^x will never change from x to x^2 as all powers of x in e^x stay the same. so i decided id have to start with e^(x^2) and realised this would always leave (x)e^(x^2) so im truly confused about this i threw the t in to check where constants go and what happens to them.
    if i could get an explination as well as the answer please many thanks =]

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2009 #2
    Re: intergration

That particular antiderivative is not elementary. There are methods for finding anti derivatives which you will probably be learning very soon because it seems like you have just been introduced to them. They're basically the opposite of the rules for finding derivatives.

4. Jan 31, 2009 #3
    Re: intergration

so how do you do that? =s

5. Feb 1, 2009 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?