Where Can I Find a Colour Picker for Masculine Interior Design Palettes?

In summary, the online version of the color selector is close to what you want, but the download one is more specific. There are several apps that let you choose colors, but they all vary in how well they work. You might want to try asking a professional interior designer for help.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
OK, I've looked for about two hours now and can't find what I want (though I've found lots of stuff that doesn't do what I want.)

Years ago, Para Paints had a widget on their site that would have you choose one of about 32 colours, and would then give you a palette that matched it.

There's lots of pickers that let you choose your own colours, and there's lots that will generate a palette from a photo - I'm looking for one that will recommend palettes.

In particular, I want colours that would go in a library or smoking room - masculine colours - deep reds, tans, ochres and complemetary colours (grey-green or slate blue).

Ideally, there are interactive colour wheels where you can shift a cursor around the wheel and it dynamically adjusts all the colours on-the-fly.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ugh, tough search...there's just too much stuff out there in that subject area!

Here's what I've done in the past, given my complete lack of talent in this area.

I chose a picture that I like - usually by Matisse. I don't look for content, just colors...and I steal the colors.

Here's one that's kind of smoking-room-ish.

http://www.1artclub.com/uploads/14-0017.jpg

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

The online version is roughly what you want, the download one seems to be exactly right for you.http://colorschemedesigner.com/

This one has a wheel, you can choose (at the top) how many colours to return.http://www.code-line.com/software/colorexpert/

App for the iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
Here's what I've done in the past, given my complete lack of talent in this area.

I chose a picture that I like - usually by Matisse. I don't look for content, just colors...and I steal the colors.
Right. Been there. But I want it to suggest colours to me. If I provide a pic, I've already committed to a palette of my own design.

jarednjames said:
http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

The online version is roughly what you want, the download one seems to be exactly right for you.

Yeah, I tried this one. It doesn't really care about interior design; it seems more universal - concentating on primary, saturated colours.

It's tough for me to get this kind of stuff right, too. I had to do it the old fashion way, and get a woman to pick the colors for me. :rofl:

Triple_D said:
It's tough for me to get this kind of stuff right, too. I had to do it the old fashion way, and get a woman to pick the colors for me. :rofl:

I hear ya. But last thing I want is my man cave to be done in colours picked by my wife...

(On the other hand, it has occurred to me that, to be a proper man cave, it should be done in colours picked by a man).

i.e. badly.
:biggrin:

Maybe I shouldn't be using a colour picker...

3308687242_b59e4aba4b.jpg

Its a very hard challenge for everyone.you should be take the suggestion of professional interior designer.who can sure help in your interior design color picker query and make you completely satisfy.

Likes Tony Manfre

1. What is an interior design colour picker?

An interior design colour picker is a tool that helps you select and match colours for your interior design projects. It allows you to explore a wide range of colours and find the perfect combination for your space.

2. How does an interior design colour picker work?

An interior design colour picker works by using a color wheel or palette to display different shades and hues. You can select a base color and then use the tool to find complementary or contrasting colors to create a cohesive design scheme.

3. Can I use an interior design colour picker for all types of interior design projects?

Yes, an interior design colour picker can be used for various types of projects such as residential, commercial, and even outdoor spaces. It can also be helpful for designing furniture, textiles, and other decorative elements.

4. Are there any limitations to using an interior design colour picker?

While an interior design colour picker can be a useful tool, it does have limitations. It is important to remember that lighting and other factors can affect how a color appears in a space. It is also important to consider the overall design and functionality of a space, rather than just focusing on the color scheme.

5. Are there different types of interior design colour pickers available?

Yes, there are various types of interior design color pickers available. Some are digital tools that can be accessed online or through design software, while others are physical tools like color swatch books or paint chips. Some tools also offer additional features such as color matching and color scheme suggestions.