1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Internal forces in a truss

1. Mar 11, 2010 #1
    the queen posted truss in the picture consists of the beam ABCD, compression members BE CF amd the cable AEFD, a stress analysis under the uniform load q is required. outline an analysis procedure, state the effects you would ignore and why.
    Capture.PNG

i am not sure what i am meant to be doing here, this is part of an assignment dealing with castiglianos 2nd theorem,. what is the analysis procedure? do they mean how would i go about finding the inner forces?
    as far as effects to ignore, i would ignore the axial and shearing force in the beam ABCD, is this correct as i assume theirs to be negligible compared to the moment's energy.
    can a cable have an internal shearing force and moment or also only axial forces( tension)

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted