1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

International physics olympiad

1. Feb 14, 2009 #1
    i have heard of this contest. how can i prepare to go in? i am willing to work hard. i am going to be a freshman in highschool next year.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2009 #2
    Prepare by solving lots of hard problems, that's all you can do, I hear that Irodov is an excellent source of problems. This assumes you've learned the material that is covered in the competition but If you haven't done that then that's the obvious first step.

4. Feb 15, 2009 #3
    Study as much calculus based physics as possible. I got into the semi-final round for the US Physics Team in 2000, but didn't get past the final round of selections. I think I read Serway's textbook about a dozen times.

5. Feb 28, 2009 #4
    I have a blog that contains some physics problems and solutions. I think its good to improve your physics skill. Also, I have a download link to some IPhO problems on the same blog.
    Here is the link of my blog: http://collectionofphysicsproblems.blogspot.com" [Broken]

I hope it would be useful.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook