1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

International Physics Olympiad

1. Feb 15, 2009 #1
    Is there a specific book or website that i can use to help me get to the IPho. I havent learned much physics.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2009 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

There's your starting point. You should learn as much physics as you can through your coursework.

4. Feb 15, 2009 #3
    You don't need to create a second thread for this...

Anyway, what level of math have you studied?

5. Feb 15, 2009 #4
    I have learned basic calculus(derivatives, integration) and can make AIME easily.

6. Feb 15, 2009 #5
    If you have the equivalent knowledge of a calculus I course, then you can jump right into physics (but you should still continue to study calculus until you master single variable calc), all you need is a textbook. In the other thread, Brian C said he used Serway. I don't know much about physics textbooks but heard that the feynman lectures is superb and have found it to be a good supplement to my high-school physics class. If you can, you should try to enroll in a physics class next year so that you have someone to answer questions that you will inevitably have.

7. Feb 15, 2009 #6
    Ok thanks to all

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook