Sid's Journey to IPSP at University of Leipzig

• Schools
  • Thread starter sid0123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, Sid is applying to the International Physics Study Program at the University of Leipzig and is concerned about the quality of the program and the university's rankings. He has spoken to a few people who have attended the program and found it to be difficult. He also read that there is a lot of maths in the first two years and that the responsibility for one's studies is entirely up to the student.
hi guys.
I sent the application and I left out some of the documents that I wanted to send. and I want to send them now. What should I do ? Should I create a new application ? Also about the printed form, the option for that comes after you've sent the application (online) so you print that form out sign it and send it along with other documents by post right ?
Finally how and where do you pay the 75 euros ?
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
richardfeynman said:
hi guys.
I sent the application and I left out some of the documents that I wanted to send. and I want to send them now. What should I do ? Should I create a new application ? Also about the printed form, the option for that comes after you've sent the application (online) so you print that form out sign it and send it along with other documents by post right ?
Finally how and where do you pay the 75 euros ?
thanks

Hey richardfenman!

You can send the missing documents to the same uni assist address. Just remember to write your Uni-assist applicant number. They will assign them to your application package. And the printed form should be signed and sent to Uni-Assist along with the other documents. You can do the payment by a bank transfer or a credit card payment. You can find the relevant information on the Uni-Assist web site.

And I just got the letter of admission to IPSP bachelor for the coming winter semester. Is there anyone who already got the letter of admission? If so I'd like to make contacts. I wish everyone good luck for their application process.

Thank you!

Likes Yash3313
Thanks for the help. So once we send all these documents only then will I hear from them right. not after I only submit the online application. I tried finding the the details how to make a bank transfer but could not find it. Could you please send me a link.
thanks

richardfeynman said:
Thanks for the help. So once we send all these documents only then will I hear from them right. not after I only submit the online application. I tried finding the the details how to make a bank transfer but could not find it. Could you please send me a link.
thanks

They will send you a notification when they receive your documents. Check this link for bank account details. http://www.uni-assist.de/bank-account.html
You are mostly welcome!

thanks. BTW how hard is it in your opinion to get in once applied . Are they extremely selective or do they let a lot of students in but then many leave because it gets beats many ?

to the same uni assist address you mean on their website I just just upload the documents,send them the left out documents by post or send them to an uni assist email

Aswinda said:
Hey richardfenman!

You can send the missing documents to the same uni assist address. Just remember to write your Uni-assist applicant number. They will assign them to your application package. And the printed form should be signed and sent to Uni-Assist along with the other documents. You can do the payment by a bank transfer or a credit card payment. You can find the relevant information on the Uni-Assist web site.

And I just got the letter of admission to IPSP bachelor for the coming winter semester. Is there anyone who already got the letter of admission? If so I'd like to make contacts. I wish everyone good luck for their application process.

Thank you!

Hey Aswinda i just got accepted too. Did you already look at the schedule for next semester?

Hi Everyone!

I have some questions for you guys. I am aplying for the Wintersemeters 2016/17. So hopefully we will meet there! : )
I sent my documents and applications online already, they arrived at Uniassist on July 14. I'm worried about the format of the translated certificates. They were comprised of several pages, but neither the originals nor the authenticated photocopies provide any proof that they belong to the same document. The pages are just stapled together. This is just the way certified photocopies are done here. How did you guys send yours?

Also, how long did it take for Uniassist to forward your documents to University, from the time they reached Uniassist? And how long did it take for the final answer from university after the documents were forwarded?

Cheers! : )

Alan Sammarone said:
Hi Everyone!

I have some questions for you guys. I am aplying for the Wintersemeters 2016/17. So hopefully we will meet there! : )
I sent my documents and applications online already, they arrived at Uniassist on July 14. I'm worried about the format of the translated certificates. They were comprised of several pages, but neither the originals nor the authenticated photocopies provide any proof that they belong to the same document. The pages are just stapled together. This is just the way certified photocopies are done here. How did you guys send yours?

Also, how long did it take for Uniassist to forward your documents to University, from the time they reached Uniassist? And how long did it take for the final answer from university after the documents were forwarded?

Cheers! : )
Hello Alan, my documents arrived on July 14 too, so we're on the same boat.
According to uni-assist news, now it takes approximately 4 weeks until they forward your documents to the university, and another 1-2 week(s) for the final answer.
I guess, as long as you translated your documents at a sworn translator, you're fine. Good luck with your application !

Hi I am Galvin, a Singaporean who is interested to apply to the IPSP and begin my studies in 2018.

I am concerned over the quality of education that the program offers. I do hope that 3 years of undergraduate studies can provide me a firm foundation and better prepare me for physics research.

May I seek out to those who are studying under this program/ have completed this to share their opinions and experiences with me?

Yours sincerely,
Galvin

fares-masmoudi said:
Hello Alan, my documents arrived on July 14 too, so we're on the same boat.
According to uni-assist news, now it takes approximately 4 weeks until they forward your documents to the university, and another 1-2 week(s) for the final answer.
I guess, as long as you translated your documents at a sworn translator, you're fine. Good luck with your application !

Hi fares-masmoudi,

Thanks! My application has been forwarded to the University! Now I'm just waiting for the final answer.
Good luck for you guys too! Hopefully we will meet soon : )

Alan Sammarone said:
Hi fares-masmoudi,

Thanks! My application has been forwarded to the University! Now I'm just waiting for the final answer.
Good luck for you guys too! Hopefully we will meet soon : )
Haha , same for me!

I am a senior right now and I am going to graduate from high school in July 2017, so could I apply for the 2017 winter semester or it will be too late to submit the high school diploma?

Antony Osama said:
I am a senior right now and I am going to graduate from high school in July 2017, so could I apply for the 2017 winter semester or it will be too late to submit the high school diploma?
No, it's not too late, I got mine July 12 (I am a little bit late but there's hope), you have to prepare your documents and send them as soon as possible. If you need a visa it is better to send your documents before July 15

I got the letter of admission! : )
If anyone wants to get in touch, just let me know. I'll be arriving in Leipzig probably on September 27, but I'll be in Germany since the 24th.

Likes fares-masmoudi
Hello, I'm Alice and I want to apply to the next summer (I've studied physics for more than 1 year in an university) or winter semester. Can anybody who has already been accepted help me with the application procedures?

Alice Lipski said:
Hello, I'm Alice and I want to apply to the next summer (I've studied physics for more than 1 year in an university) or winter semester. Can anybody who has already been accepted help me with the application procedures?
Hey Alice, at the bottom of this page you'll find some information about the application procedure for IPSP.
http://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/en/study/international-study/international-applicants/bachelor-diploma-state-examination.html
You need to apply through uni-assist. Please try to apply as early as possible if you have a visa to apply for. Feel free to ask any questions! best of luck

Hey guys, I want to apply in Summer 2017. I am currently doing the first year of college that is required to apply (for my country at least). My current courses are Physics 1, Calculus 1, French, Biology, Chemistry, and some ´´fill´´ class (that is what we call them here) called Verbal Analysis. I am wondering if they will accept those credits, plus the ones I will have the second semester.

Also I would like to know how much math and physics I will need prior to starting, as I think the level at this college is a bit low.

Thanks!

Alan Sammarone said:
I got the letter of admission! : )
If anyone wants to get in touch, just let me know. I'll be arriving in Leipzig probably on September 27, but I'll be in Germany since the 24th.
Hi I am from the United States and i have a few questions
What are the documents needed to send to the University?
Do the documents need the apostle stamp?
Do i submit the photocopies to uniassist while sending the originals to Germany?
What document do I need to sign and then send? Do i have to send that document through uniassist or post?

Perhaps you could just explain the whole process and that would be easier. Thanks in advance!

Raymond Christian said:
Hi I am from the United States and i have a few questions
What are the documents needed to send to the University?
Do the documents need the apostle stamp?
Do i submit the photocopies to uniassist while sending the originals to Germany?
What document do I need to sign and then send? Do i have to send that document through uniassist or post?

Perhaps you could just explain the whole process and that would be easier. Thanks in advance!

http://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/en/study/international-study/international-applicants/bachelor-diploma-state-examination.html

patricio ramos said:
thank you very much!

Would you happen to know what things i should study before preparing myself for the program?

Raymond Christian said:
thank you very much!

Would you happen to know what things i should study before preparing myself for the program?
I spoke with the buddy during the summer and he told me I should be very comfortable with Calculus 1 (Integral and Differential), as well as Linear Algebra. Most Non Eu students must take one year of college before applying, so they get plenty of time to learn. I would get a good non-calculus physics books such as Giancoli, as well as one with Calculus once you are comfortable with it.

patricio ramos said:
I spoke with the buddy during the summer and he told me I should be very comfortable with Calculus 1 (Integral and Differential), as well as Linear Algebra. Most Non Eu students must take one year of college before applying, so they get plenty of time to learn. I would get a good non-calculus physics books such as Giancoli, as well as one with Calculus once you are comfortable with it.
Thank you for the information it really helps. Today I was able to get the apostille stamp. Yet, all they did was staple my notarized diploma copy, notarized high school transcript copy, and a notarized affidavit that states both the transcripts and the diploma have been notarized and then they gave me one apostille stamp for everything. Is this acceptable to send to the university or will they reject it?

Hey

I'm working on that myself, so I cannot give a definite answer. You should contact the university or maybe the German embassy. They might be able to help. This should prove useful:

https://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Studium/akademisches_auslandsamt/pdf/internl_checklist_ipsp.pdf

Please note that you need not submit your proof of English proficiency if you are a native of an English-speaking country.

Hey guys, the University website no longer displays the program, so I don't know if it got canceled or what.

Hi Patricio, I am currently enrolled in IPSP and the programme is still well and alive. They've just moved the page recently. If you do have questions though, feel free to PM me.

Rohan Kulkarni said:
Hey Issac-Einstein, You seem a fellow Indian. There are many criterias and exams for pursuing Physics as a career option. You can Private message me if you want. I could help you straighting up your path :)
Hi Rohan , I would like to contact in you in private regarding the IPSP. I am also from INDIA. Need some help.

What English equivalent books can I read for "Lineare Algebra" by Siegfried Bosch. This book is fully in German.

I just want to prepare for this course. :)

Bro. I don't really know but, Axler's Linear Algebra Done Right is a masterpiece.

I am applying this year for the winter sem, IPSP...

Hey guys, my high school certificate is not equivalent to the German Abitur, can I still enroll without going through the studienkolleg? because the websites states that "If you are applying for the International Physics Studies Programme as an undergraduate" you just need proof of the English language and your high school certificate. Need reply ASAP

Which country are u from? I have a method for indians.

MedLam said:
Hey guys, my high school certificate is not equivalent to the German Abitur, can I still enroll without going through the studienkolleg? because the websites states that "If you are applying for the International Physics Studies Programme as an undergraduate" you just need proof of the English language and your high school certificate. Need reply ASAP
Which country?
are you from

krishthelegend said:
Which country?
are you from
Algeria

Hi,
Does anyone have a link to the entire syllabus covered at Leipzig for this program? And secondly, is anyone applying on this forum for 2017 winter semester?