Sid's Journey to IPSP at University of Leipzig

• Schools
  • Thread starter sid0123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, Sid is applying to the International Physics Study Program at the University of Leipzig and is concerned about the quality of the program and the university's rankings. He has spoken to a few people who have attended the program and found it to be difficult. He also read that there is a lot of maths in the first two years and that the responsibility for one's studies is entirely up to the student.
Ayush said:
Anyone who is going to apply this year in October?
I believe, application process should be done within May 1 for the higher chances of acceptance. If you happen to be from the Subcontinent, then good luck with the visa application. I believe there is a long waiting list for visa appointments in IND, BGD, and PAK for prospective bachelor students.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ayush said:
Anyone who is going to apply this year in October?
I am planning to apply. I will sit the TOEFL on April 30 and right after I get the results, I will apply via uni-assit.

Hi, guys. I want to apply to this program ( bachelor ) next year and I want to start early. But 10.000 euros ( when we get visa ) are a lot for my country. I'm from Azerbaijan and average earning here is 250 euros/month. Do you know some type of scholarships that I can apply for covering this exprenses?

Sabina99 said:
Hi, guys. I want to apply to this program ( bachelor ) next year and I want to start early. But 10.000 euros ( when we get a visa ) are a lot for my country. I'm from Azerbaijan and the average earning here is 250 euros/month. Do you know some type of scholarship that I can apply for to cover these expenses?
Check daad.de/en for scholarship information.

There is a scholarship called "Deutsche stipendum". Do a quick google search on it. As far as I know, you have to be enrolled at a state or state-recognized university to be eligible for this stipend.

Don't mind me asking, are you going to apply for WiSe-2022?

from_bgd said:
Check daad.de/en for scholarship information.

There is a scholarship called "Deutsche stipendum". Do a quick google search on it. As far as I know, you have to be enrolled at a state or state-recognized university to be eligible for this stipend.

Don't mind me asking, are you going to apply for WiSe-2022?
I've already researched DAAD. It doesn't give scholarships for bachelor degree for my country. Only masters and above. I don't have enough research about Deutsche stipendum, so I'll check that. Thank you very much for information. And yes, I'll apply for WiSe-2022. At least I'm intending do, hopefully.

Sabina99 said:
Hi, guys. I want to apply to this program ( bachelor ) next year and I want to start early. But 10.000 euros ( when we get visa ) are a lot for my country. I'm from Azerbaijan and average earning here is 250 euros/month. Do you know some type of scholarships that I can apply for covering this exprenses
I think you will find funding opportunities at daad website , and there are many scholarship for all nations including bachelor , and i am hoping there is scholarship for your nations too.

If you apply and get accepted for starting with the 3rd semester in IPSP Bachelors program and then by the time you enroll, if you complete further studies back in your home university, will Leipzig consider you to enroll directly into the 5th semester instead? Or are the rules too hard and fast like you have to enroll in exactly the semester you applied for?

Time traveller said:
If you apply and get accepted for starting with the 3rd semester in IPSP Bachelors program and then by the time you enroll, if you complete further studies back in your home university, will Leipzig consider you to enroll directly into the 5th semester instead? Or are the rules too hard and fast like you have to enroll in exactly the semester you applied for?
They are quite strict with acknowledging previous studies. If you have finished the 5th semester at a foreign uni, the 3rd semester could be an option, but definitely not the 5th, as you would only have one year left. But in most cases, the board of examiners do not expedite your studies if you have already completed even the same courses, as the topics in Leipzig are covered more in-depth than in other countries.

faustocoppi said:
They are quite strict with acknowledging previous studies. If you have finished the 5th semester at a foreign uni, the 3rd semester could be an option, but definitely not the 5th, as you would only have one year left. But in most cases, the board of examiners do not expedite your studies if you have already completed even the same courses, as the topics in Leipzig are covered more in-depth than in other countries.
Hello and :welcome: !

Nice nickname :ok::cool:

Likes faustocoppi
Can you apply to Leipzig IPSP Masters program with an F grade in undergraduate Quantum Mechanics? Can you get admission offer with this? (The program mentions it has no strict grade requirement.)

Hello everyone. I'm glad I found this thread. I'm planning to apply next year for winter semester 2023. BTW I'm from South Africa.

Likes berkeman
Stormy_12 said:
Hello everyone. I'm glad I found this thread. I'm planning to apply next year for winter semester 2023. BTW I'm from South Africa.
Hello, I am also planning to apply for ipsp in the winter of 2023, and I am from China. Maybe we can have a talk?

Casablanca- said:
Hello, I am also planning to apply for ipsp in the winter of 2023, and I am from China. Maybe we can have a talk?
Sorry for replying late. Sure, we have a talk. In fact I've been looking for others who are interested in this program as well. Do you know any social group we can join where there are other international students planning on applying for the winter semester 2023?

Stormy_12 said:
Sorry for replying late. Sure, we have a talk. In fact I've been looking for others who are interested in this program as well. Do you know any social group we can join where there are other international students planning on applying for the winter semester 2023?
hey i too am planning to apply. Please do add me if such a group exists

Last edited by a moderator:
Just submitted my online application moments ago. Fingers crossed.

Casablanca- said:
Hey, I'm planning to apply too as a international student, 2023 winter semester. If you want to talk, I would be really glad.

Casablanca- said:
hiii!
I am too am thinking about applying this winter semester, if you have a chat room please let me join too. I am from India.

hello I'm applying for IPSP too. what are their criterias for acceptance to school? will they ask for motivation letter afterwards. I will send my documents tomorrow. will I have to take any tests, send motivation letter or will they ask for an interview?

boecekify said:
hello I'm applying for IPSP too. what are their criterias for acceptance to school? will they ask for motivation letter afterwards. I will send my documents tomorrow. will I have to take any tests, send motivation letter or will they ask for an interview?
https://rohankulkarni.me/blog/ipsp/ipsp1_application_phase/

Stormy_12 said:

Casablanca- said:

Naveen Venkatesh said:
hey i too am planning to apply. Please do add me if such a group exists

Always blank said:
Just submitted my online application moments ago. Fingers crossed.

sanaaa said:
Hey, I'm planning to apply too as a international student, 2023 winter semester. If you want to talk, I would be really glad.

RRJ said:
hiii!
I am too am thinking about applying this winter semester, if you have a chat room please let me join too. I am from India.

boecekify said:

Hi everyone, I also have an admit to the upcoming WiSe 2023. Incase there aren't any active groups please join these FB [FB advertisement redacted by the Mentors] groups I have made. Otherwise please let me know if they do exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Always blank
Niru said:
Hi everyone, I also have an admit to the upcoming WiSe 2023. Incase there aren't any active groups please join these FB [FB advertisement redacted by the Mentors] groups I have made. Otherwise please let me know if they do exist.

Sorry, the WhatsApp and FB links had to be removed from this message. They are available in my profile if needed.

Likes berkeman
Hello there! Just found this thread.
Is there anyone also planning for the WiSe 2024?