Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

International REU equivalent?

  1. Oct 14, 2008 #1
    I've been looking into some summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs here in the US, but is there some kind of equivalent program for countries in Europe and elsewhere?
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2008 #2


    User Avatar

    While I don't know if there's an organized group of them like the REUs (hopefully someone will know), I do know that many academic advisers have ties to foreign universities and institutes - you might want to ask your adviser if they can inquire for you. A friend of mine spent 2 summers at the Max Planck Institute in Germany (Garching) after a former REU adviser made a call for her.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook