Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Internet based telescopes

1. Mar 19, 2005 #1
    I would like to know if there are some internet based telescopes for the public which can be useful to watch objects that are below the horizon or when the weather is bad.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2005 #2
    I know you can do this on slooh.com but you have to pay some money to use it. If you're just interested in the night sky in general, however, you can go to nightskylive.net for images of the night sky around the world. The former website has bad pictures whenever the moon starts getting towards full, unfortunately.
  4. Mar 20, 2005 #3
    They actually have online telescopes for people to use? I didn't know that. Amazing the things you can find on the internet. I've only seen pictures from the Hubble telescope online. They weren't live either.
  5. Mar 21, 2005 #4
  6. Mar 21, 2005 #5
    Do anyone know how propsals are submitted to the Hubble Telescope? :smile:
  7. Mar 23, 2005 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Space Telescope Science Institute website has all the details; for the current cycle (14), try here.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?