Is Gogo Inflight Internet reliable and fast?

In summary, the internet on a flight is made possible through inflight connectivity, which uses satellite-based communication to connect the aircraft to a ground network. Passengers can use their personal devices to access the internet, with most airlines offering Wi-Fi for a fee. However, the internet speed may be slower and may vary depending on the number of users. Streaming services may be available for an additional cost, but it is recommended to download content before the flight. The internet service does not affect the aircraft's navigation and communication systems as it operates separately for safety and security.
xeniax
I read something about the new Internet service in airplanes. Do you know something about the speed? Is the connection stable? I do not really know which airlines offer such a service so I tried to find information on this website but found nothing interesting. Do you have more information for me?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How does the internet work on a flight?

The internet on a flight is made possible through a technology called inflight connectivity. This involves a satellite-based communication system that connects the aircraft to a ground network, allowing passengers to access the internet during the flight.

2. Will I be able to use the internet on my personal devices during a flight?

Yes, you can use your personal devices such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets to access the internet during a flight. Most airlines provide Wi-Fi connectivity for a fee, while some may offer it for free.

3. Is the internet speed during a flight the same as on the ground?

The internet speed during a flight may not be the same as on the ground. Due to the limitations of satellite technology, the speed may be slower and may vary depending on the number of passengers using the service.

4. Can I use streaming services like Netflix or YouTube on the internet during a flight?

Some airlines may allow streaming services on their inflight Wi-Fi, but it may come at an additional cost. However, due to the limited bandwidth, it is recommended to download your favorite shows or movies before the flight to avoid any disruptions.

5. How does the internet service on a flight affect the aircraft's navigation and communication systems?

The internet service on a flight does not affect the aircraft's navigation and communication systems. The inflight connectivity system is designed to operate separately from the aircraft's essential systems, ensuring the safety and security of the flight.