Why Won't My Calendar Applet Open on My Bank's Homepage in Internet Explorer?

• Thread starter americanforest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the speaker is having trouble with a pop-up window disappearing when trying to open a calendar applet on their bank's homepage. They have tried disabling the pop-up blocker and allowing Active-X, but are still unable to access the applet. They mention trying other browsers, but they are not working on their new computer. However, they later realize that the issue is caused by having Ad-Watch open. They advise anyone else experiencing a similar issue to check if Ad-Watch is the problem and not Internet Explorer.
americanforest
When I try to open a calendar applet on my bank's homepage to pay some bills, a window pops up for a split second and then dissapears immediately. I tried turning the pop-up blocker off, I tried letting Active-X go. I hate IE usually but both Opera and Firefox seem to dislike my new computer so I'm left with no choice. Anybody know how to get little applets like this to pop-up in IE?

Computer science news on Phys.org
A second after I wrote this I thought of something. I had Ad-Watch open. That was the problem. So if anybody else is having a similar problem, the problem is Ad-Watch, not IE. So nevermind.

There could be several reasons why the calendar applet is not opening on your bank's homepage in Internet Explorer. One possibility is that there may be a compatibility issue between the applet and the browser. Since Internet Explorer is known to have compatibility issues with certain websites and applications, it is possible that the applet is not designed to work with this browser.

Another reason could be that there may be a problem with the settings on your Internet Explorer. You mentioned that you have tried turning off the pop-up blocker and allowing Active-X, but there may be other security settings that are preventing the applet from opening. I would suggest checking your browser settings and making sure that all necessary permissions are enabled for the applet to run.

It is also worth noting that some websites and applications may have certain requirements or plugins that are needed in order for them to function properly. It is possible that the calendar applet on your bank's homepage may require a specific plugin or software that is not currently installed on your computer. I would recommend checking with your bank or their technical support team to see if there are any specific requirements for the applet to work on Internet Explorer.

In the meantime, you could also try using a different browser such as Chrome or Safari to see if the applet works on those browsers. If it does, then it is likely an issue with Internet Explorer and you may need to switch to a different browser for this particular website.

Overall, it's difficult to pinpoint the exact reason why the applet is not working on Internet Explorer without further information. I would suggest trying the solutions mentioned above and reaching out to your bank or their technical support team for further assistance.

1. Why is Internet Explorer not working?

There could be several reasons why Internet Explorer is not working. It could be due to a corrupted installation, outdated browser version, or conflicts with other programs. It is recommended to check for updates, clear the browser cache, and disable any add-ons or extensions that may be causing issues.

2. How can I fix Internet Explorer crashes?

If Internet Explorer is crashing frequently, it could be due to corrupted files or settings. It is recommended to reset the browser settings, disable unnecessary add-ons, and scan for viruses or malware. You can also try reinstalling the browser if the issue persists.

3. Why is Internet Explorer so slow?

Internet Explorer may be slow due to a large number of temporary files, add-ons, or outdated browser version. It is recommended to clear the browser cache, disable unnecessary add-ons, and update to the latest version of the browser.

4. How do I enable cookies on Internet Explorer?

To enable cookies on Internet Explorer, go to the browser's settings and click on the "Privacy" tab. From there, you can adjust the cookie settings to allow all cookies, block all cookies, or prompt for each cookie. It is recommended to enable cookies for a better browsing experience.

5. Can I use Internet Explorer on a Mac?

Internet Explorer is not compatible with Mac operating systems. It is only available for Windows computers. However, Mac users can use other browsers like Safari, Chrome, or Firefox for their web browsing needs.