Internet Problem: Telus to the Rescue!

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary: I'm sure everything will work out.In summary, Danman has been having trouble getting online for the past 5 days. He is at a library computer and is about to leave. He is worried about losing his internet connection when W moves away. He has to pay a fine for driving without a license and is concerned about the cost of getting it back. He is also worried about getting caught driving without a license.
Danger
Gold Member
It's been almost impossible for me to get on line for the past 5 days. This is a rare exception to the situation. I think that my D-Link modem is fried. I just asked Telus to send me a new one, which by shear luck includes WiFi, so I can take my MacBook to the can with me.
Anyhow, if I'm out of touch for a while, that's why. It'll take 4 or 5 days for the new one to arrive. In the meanwhile, I'll be thinking of you all.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have access to a library computer?

Loren Booda said:
Do you have access to a library computer?

I do, but they keep really weird hours. Also, it's either 2 miles of walking or taking the risk of getting caught driving without a license (that's an automatic 5 years in jail). I'm at W's now, since my internet account got transferred to her phone bill when I moved in with her 4 years ago. She's being a total ***** tonight, so I'll see tomorrow whether I'm going to leave it here (which I've done so far only because she became addicted to Facebook and doesn't have a computer of her own) or just immediately get it transferred back to my house.
Anyhow, I'm going home shortly. I'll be snooping around the forums for a bit first, but once I log out I might not be able to get back for a few days.

Danger said:
Also, it's either 2 miles of walking or taking the risk of getting caught driving without a license (that's an automatic 5 years in jail).

Holy Smokes Danman! I'm sure glad I live in a bad neighbourhood with over crowded jails. I just had to pay a fine.

Danger said:
I do, but they keep really weird hours. Also, it's either 2 miles of walking or taking the risk of getting caught driving without a license (that's an automatic 5 years in jail). I'm at W's now, since my internet account got transferred to her phone bill when I moved in with her 4 years ago. She's being a total ***** tonight, so I'll see tomorrow whether I'm going to leave it here (which I've done so far only because she became addicted to Facebook and doesn't have a computer of her own) or just immediately get it transferred back to my house.
Anyhow, I'm going home shortly. I'll be snooping around the forums for a bit first, but once I log out I might not be able to get back for a few days.

PM me. I feel the same way.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Holy Smokes Danman! I'm sure glad I live in a bad neighbourhood with over crowded jails. I just had to pay a fine.

The fine for driving without a license here under normal circumstances isn't all that bad. In my case, though, I lost mine for a year on an impaired charge, which was over 6 years ago. It's going to cost me well over $1,000 to get it back. I have to now, though, since W is moving away and the COPD prevents me from doing much walking. She's leaving on the 29th, so I've got a couple of weeks to do it.
By the way, I wasn't impaired. I couldn't afford a lawyer, and Legal Aid won't touch traffic-related issues even if they are criminal offenses rather than misdemeanors. Hence, I ended up with a law student from U of C, who refused to offer my defense and pled me guilty. The fact is, as was demonstrated in 'California v. Brown' and confirmed by my respiratory therapist, is that someone with emphysema cannot blow a breathalyzer properly. I had to stop for a breath in the middle of mine. Secondly, if you do manage to blow, it will force a false positive. If I have a couple of beers on a Saturday, and try to take a breathalyzer on Wednesday, it will show that I'm drunk. My lungs retain air that takes incredible effort to expel. When it does finally come out, as a breath tester forces you to accomplish, it carries with it whatever you have had in your bloodstream since it was first absorbed.
Equate, I can't send or receive PM's until I manage to save the old ones to HD and empty the box.

Danger said:
Equate, I can't send or receive PM's until I manage to save the old ones to HD and empty the box.

No problem. :cool:

Hang in there...

1. What is Telus and how can they help with internet problems?

Telus is a telecommunications company that provides internet services to customers. They have a team of experts who can troubleshoot and resolve internet problems for their customers.

2. What are some common internet problems that Telus can help with?

Telus can help with a variety of internet problems, including slow or intermittent connections, connectivity issues with specific websites, and router or modem malfunctions.

3. How quickly can Telus resolve internet problems?

The time it takes for Telus to resolve an internet problem can vary depending on the specific issue and its complexity. However, they strive to resolve issues as quickly as possible and provide timely updates to the customer.

4. Do I need to have Telus as my internet provider to receive their assistance with internet problems?

Yes, Telus can only provide assistance for internet problems to their own customers. If you are not a Telus customer, you will need to seek assistance from your internet service provider.

5. How can I contact Telus for help with an internet problem?

You can contact Telus for help with an internet problem by calling their customer service line, messaging them through social media, or using their online chat support. They also have a troubleshooting section on their website for common internet problems.