Aerospace Engineering Internships in SE MN & WI

• Thread starter edosqclbe699
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internship
In summary, the conversation discusses a student studying to be an Aerospace engineer who is looking for internship opportunities in southeast Minnesota or eastern Wisconsin. They have had trouble finding opportunities in their area and are seeking advice on how to find opportunities. Suggestions are made to join ASME and attend events, as well as considering internships at NASA. The conversation also mentions the possibility of research opportunities and offers to provide a list of undergraduate research opportunities nationwide.
edosqclbe699
I am studying to be an Aerospace engineer. I am approaching my junior year and am planning to transfer to the U of MN and I am interested in finding an internship or something else in southeast Minnesota or eastern Wisconsin. I seem to have trouble finding any opportunities in my field in my area. Can anyone give me any ideas to find something. I have spent hours searching and have found nothing. Would any position I can find be beneficial or should I just not worry about it yet.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you joined ASME? Going to events in your area (which they will inform you about) can help. Remember, it is all about networking!

It depends on how adamant you are about doing an internship in aerodynamics. Several of my friends did an internship at NASA so you should probably look at that if you haven't already done so. If you are looking for research experience in general, send me an e-mail to kotor2@gmail.com and I can send you a list of 100-150 undergraduate research opportunities nationwide including national laboratories. Most of the deadlines have expired but you could always apply or hang onto it for next year. Chances are good that there are several aero positions in it.

1. What are the eligibility requirements for aerospace engineering internships in SE MN & WI?

The eligibility requirements for aerospace engineering internships in SE MN & WI vary depending on the specific program or company offering the internship. Generally, applicants must be enrolled in a relevant engineering degree program and have a strong academic record. Some internships may also require specific skills or experience in aerospace engineering, such as knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software or previous internships in the field.

2. How do I find and apply for aerospace engineering internships in SE MN & WI?

There are several ways to find and apply for aerospace engineering internships in SE MN & WI. You can search for internships on job boards, company websites, or through your university's career center. It may also be helpful to network with professionals in the aerospace industry and attend career fairs. Once you have found a suitable internship, follow the application instructions provided by the company or program.

3. What can I expect to learn and experience during an aerospace engineering internship in SE MN & WI?

Aerospace engineering internships in SE MN & WI offer a hands-on learning experience in the field of aerospace engineering. Interns may have the opportunity to work on real-world projects, gain experience with industry-specific software and tools, and collaborate with experienced engineers. They may also attend training sessions, workshops, and networking events to further develop their skills and knowledge in the field.

4. Are aerospace engineering internships in SE MN & WI paid?

Most aerospace engineering internships in SE MN & WI are paid, but this can vary depending on the company or program offering the internship. Some internships may offer a stipend or hourly wage, while others may provide a salary or housing allowance. It is important to research the specific internship you are interested in to determine if it is paid or unpaid.

5. How can an aerospace engineering internship in SE MN & WI benefit my future career?

An aerospace engineering internship in SE MN & WI can provide valuable experience, skills, and connections that can benefit your future career. It can give you a competitive edge in the job market, help you make informed career decisions, and provide valuable networking opportunities. Additionally, some internships may offer the possibility of a full-time job offer upon completion, making it a great way to kickstart your career in aerospace engineering.