1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Internships abroad and what to expect

1. Feb 14, 2014 #1
    I'm currently an undergraduate Industrial Engineering student and I'm looking for some internship possibilities abroad. That's a struggle since there's no way to tell how it would turn out to be and the international internship sites provide very little info about placements at the initial application phase.

The problem is that at some point I will be asked what skills do i posses and what I want to work with or learn. Here I have no practical skills although I do well with my studies and I really don't know what do I want to work on. That is because I want to learn as much as possible related to my field of studies. I don't know how to be more specific over there.
    Actually, I'm just beginning to see what IE really is about and I don't seem to like it. I'm lost but that's the reason I'm looking for the internship in the first place. Is it okay for me to be completely honest and expect to have a successful internship despite the lack of my practical experience?

Please let me know If you have anything to tell about suitable internships in Europe and how to find them.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted