1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intersection points of the graph its solutions?

1. Aug 31, 2005 #1
    The graphs of f(theta) = 2sin(theta) - 1 , and g(theta) = 3cos(theta)+2 are given.
    What equation would have the intersection points of the graph its solutions?

ummm..... what does this mean? and how do i solve it?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2005 #2
    Find the intersection points of f(t) and g(t) and find a function that has those points as solutions (zeros).
  4. Aug 31, 2005 #3
    i still dont understand i can find the points where f(t) and g(t) intersect by graphing (how do i do this by graphing?) but what do you mean by having same points as zeros?
  5. Sep 1, 2005 #4
    Both of these are the equations of graphs in their polar form.These graph would intersect at some particular point whose position vector will make some THETA angle with the x-axis.To find this particular THETA , solve the above two equations simultaneusly by equation f(Q) and g(Q) and then finding the angle(s).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?