1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intersections math problem

1. Sep 27, 2004 #1
    how wud i do the following:

1.ax+by=c, y=2ax
    2.y=mx+c, y=-mx+d
    3.ax-by=1, y=x
    4.some values for a,b and c for which equation does not represent a straight line, give egs

ive dun simpler versions of 1-3 but i haven't come across the above, so cud someone please tell me a simple method of working them out. thnx

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2004 #2
    I'm having trouble understanding what you want. Are you trying to solve all six equations simultnaeously? 5 unknowns for 6 equations means you have a dependent equation in that lot. What class is this for? Linear Algebra requires a slightly diffferent approach than regular algebra. Do you know how to use matrices?

Anyway, a little more information presented slightly more clearly would help here.

4. Sep 28, 2004 #3
    all the questions are separate, hence the numbering of each question. its as level and ive jut started this work so i need a bit of help

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?