Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interview with Brian Greene from months ago

1. Sep 30, 2004 #1
    At least a few months ago--I think within the past year--I read online an interview with Brian Greene in which he was cited as saying physics is the greatest of all human endeavors. I need a quote from it for a paper I'm writing. I searched for the article, but I can't find it. I believe the interview was from a popular mass media source (something like The New York Times?). Can anyone please help me find it? The other aspects of the interview I remember are:
    • It occured in his apartment in New York City.
    • He apologized for only having bottled water for the interviewer.
    • The end of the article said something about him returning to what he does best: solitary physics research.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2004 #2

Mk

4. Oct 2, 2004 #3
    Don't think so

I'm pretty sure The Morning News one is not it. It's hard to tell whether The Atlantic one is it without paying for it.

I really appreciate your trying to help me with this. I would appreciate any more possibilities you find.

5. Oct 2, 2004 #4

Mk

6. Oct 3, 2004 #5
    Not quite

No, those aren't it, either. But thank you very much for your help!

7. Oct 4, 2004 #6
    I recall this Interview, but I cannot recall the media that I saw it, but give me a couple of days and I will see what I remember.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?