Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro to Kcaj!

1. Aug 30, 2011 #1
    Well, I've been on these forums for some time, and I've posted over thirty times, so I figure now is a good time to introduce myself.

I'm going into eighth grade, (yeah, I know, I'm one of the youngest on the forums) and I've always had a massive curiosity about what makes things happen, and what everything is made of. When I learned what an atom was, the first thing I asked is "What's THAT made of?". When I learned that physics is the science to satisfy my curiosity for nature, I decided to learn more about it, and so far I've enjoyed it. My physics education so far is based off of khan academy, and an enermous stable of books that my grandfather gave me, (he was an engineer) and many more books which I've bought. Some are more complicated than another. As far as math goes, I've got a good understanding of algebra, but lack some understanding in the more complex areas of it. I've also got an equal understanding of geometry. I'm very excited for this year, as we will be covering physics, astronomy, and chemistry in science, and I'm sure I'll learn many new things here too!

Also, you may have noticed that I haven't and won't used a single emote here at the forums. I prefer to come across as emotionless.

Glad to be here!

-kcajrenreb

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2011 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Kcaj, welcome to PF :smile: (oops, I hope you don't mind if I use a smiley)! I hope you enjoy the forums.

4. Aug 30, 2011 #3
    Thanks. And don't worry, I don't mind if other people use emotes. I understand the temptations. I just consider it cheating a way to get emotions across without actually typing anything. *resists adding in smiley*.

5. Aug 30, 2011 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Hmm, are you the evil twin of tiny-tim?? :biggrin:

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll love it here!!

Now, do you happen to have a favorite fish??

6. Aug 30, 2011 #5
    Welcome, Jack, I'm Jack.

7. Aug 30, 2011 #6
    Hey Jack. And responding to the micromass question, I guess I like salmon the most. But that's tastewise. Otherwise, I guess I like goldfish. Is there a reason you wanted to know that?

8. Aug 30, 2011 #7
    Oh yeah, and Jack, please call me Kcaj.

9. Aug 30, 2011 #8

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

*slaps kcajrenreb with a huge goldfish*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Also check out this hilarious video:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  10. Aug 30, 2011 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hi Kcaj, welcome to the forum!

11. Aug 30, 2011 #10
    Micromass, my anger of you rickrolling me AND slapping me with a goldfish cannot be expressed through words. So, I will express it through emotes.

:frown::grumpy::mad::mad::devil::grumpy::mad::mad::mad::yuck:

Allright. That's my share of emotes for the year.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  12. Aug 30, 2011 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aaaahahahaha....now that felt great, didn't it :biggrin:?

Don't be mad at micromass for slapping you, it's our ritual greeting hazing of new members...you have now been properly welcomed!

You can be totally mad at her for the rickrolling, though :tongue2:....gotta watch where you click!

13. Aug 30, 2011 #12
    So have all of you been slapped by your favorite fish? Well, I had to listen to "Tubthumping" at least 600 hundred times before I recovered from the emotional trauma of having a gold fisish hit me.

14. Aug 30, 2011 #13

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Yeah, we all had to go through it :biggrin:

Here, watch this lovely nirvana video to recover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ZAXYyxd08

15. Aug 30, 2011 #14

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes in fact, I was fish-slapped. But it was so long ago, I don't remember the exact species...I do remember it was a small oily fish.

16. Aug 30, 2011 #15

Evo

You called micro a her? He doesn't look like a her. :tongue2:

17. Aug 30, 2011 #16

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whaaa? Seriously? ...micro, I thought you were in the sisterhood...?

And to think I almost gave you the keys to the women's locker room...:eek:

I'm sorry, micro :redface:!

18. Aug 30, 2011 #17

Evo

I don't think micro would've minded getting the keys! :wink:

19. Aug 30, 2011 #18

Okay, now that I'm devoid of all emotions, that succesful rickroll is going completely unnoticed. Nice try, micromass, but don't mess with the Kcajrenreb

Does that hurt your eyes? Good. That's the point. It hurts mine too, actually. I guess the joke's on me.

20. Aug 30, 2011 #19

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have a feeling you're going to fit in nicely here...

21. Aug 30, 2011 #20
    I don't understand. In fact, I don't even think that's a good thing! Naw, just kidding, I'm sure you're all great.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook