1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro to the Standard Model

1. Jul 22, 2015 #1
    Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have a BS in Chemistry (1984). So I remember a little quantum mechanics. I am trying to wrap my head around cosmology. I started studying GR on my own about a year ago. It took me almost that long to understand tensors. This invariably lead me to start reading Cosmological Physics by Peacock. Admittedly he is way over my head, but I am learning what I don't know. I am struggling with certain concepts that are required to understand the SM. I have a weak understanding of gauge symmetries, symmetry breaking ,the Dirac gamma matrices, and a some other issues with notation and such. I have looked for some introductory material on the web, but everything starts out with the very concepts I am struggling with. Can anybody recommend a truly introductory pdf that explains these things in a little more detail? TIA for any help..

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Jul 22, 2015 #3
    Thanks Jedi, I'll give that a good going over. I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted