Introduction of young physicist

• Thread starter YoungPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, a new member at the age of 14 from Taiwan expresses their passion for quantum mechanics, astronomy, topology, and chemistry and hopes to work at CERN someday. They receive advice to explore the forums, Insights Blog, and Videos section to enhance their learning experience. They also discuss concerns about their age and the importance of accurately representing their level of expertise.
YoungPhysicist
Insights Author
hey guys. I am a student at the age of 14 in Taiwan , a small island on the pacific. I have a great passion in quantum mechanics astronomy topology chemistry and so on. I hope to work at CERN someday. Thanks everyone!

Likes StevieTNZ, berkeman and Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
Young physicist said:
hey guys. I am a student at the age of 14 in Taiwan , a small island on the pacific. I have a great passion in quantum mechanics astronomy topology chemistry and so on. I hope to work at CERN someday. Thanks everyone!
:welcome:

Your age and academic background set in your profile don't match - in fact, I haven't seen anyone completing PhD at the age of 14 :wink:

The following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

The topics that you mention are actually very interesting. Once you get into the depths of Quantum, it will become almost impossible to resist the temptation to learn more and more :smile:

The sections Particle, Quantum, Astronomy and Chemistry in the media gallery should be of particular interest to you. A lot of lectures and other videos are available there.

Enjoy your time here.

With regards,
Wrichik.

Yeah . I have noticed that. But in my opinion, PhDs in my country are not really that hard to get. Besides, if I identify myself as a 14 year old in this forum. I may not get as many needed replies due to my age.

Young physicist said:
Yeah . I have noticed that. But in my opinion, PhDs in my country are not really that hard to get. Besides, if I identify myself as a 14 year old in this forum. I may not get as many needed replies due to my age.
You will get replies, because:
  • Your age is not shown in your profile unless you choose to do so.
  • No one will come back to this thread and check whether you are 14 years.
  • You are not going to write your age while asking a question.

Wrichik Basu said:
You will get replies, because:
  • Your age is not shown in your profile unless you choose to do so.
  • No one will come back to this thread and check whether you are 14 years.
  • You are not going to write your age while asking a question.

Thanks for support. Good night.

ps: I will change it tomorrow

Likes Wrichik Basu
Young physicist said:
I may not get as many needed replies due to my age.
Actually, if you present an image of yourself as being more accomplished than you are, then you are likely to get answers that are geared towards that level of expertise. This will significantly worsen your experience here as you will get answers at a level you are not prepared for and it will lead to frustration among the people replying because you will not understand what they are talking about although you should if you really had the experience they geared the answer towards. You are free to display your experience level or not, but if you do it is in your direct interest to display accurate information. It will serve to decrease your frustration as well as that of people who reply to you.

Likes OmCheeto, bhobba and Wrichik Basu
(thread has grown beyond just a New Member Introduction thread, so it has been moved to the Feedback forum)

Likes Greg Bernhardt

What is the importance of introducing young physicists to the field?

The introduction of young physicists is crucial for the advancement of science and technology. Young minds bring fresh perspectives and innovative ideas that can drive breakthrough discoveries and advancements in the field.

How can young physicists benefit from an introduction to the field?

Introducing young physicists to the field allows them to gain valuable knowledge and skills through hands-on experience and mentorship from experienced scientists. It also opens up opportunities for networking and collaboration with other scientists.

What are some ways to introduce young physicists to the field?

There are various ways to introduce young physicists to the field, such as science camps, internships, and mentorship programs. Schools and universities also play a crucial role in providing a solid foundation for students interested in pursuing a career in physics.

How can we encourage more young people to pursue a career in physics?

To encourage more young people to pursue a career in physics, we can provide them with exposure to real-world applications of physics, highlight the exciting opportunities and advancements in the field, and create a supportive and inclusive environment for young physicists.

What are some challenges in introducing young physicists to the field?

Some challenges in introducing young physicists to the field include lack of resources, limited access to opportunities, and the need for continuous support and guidance. Additionally, there may be barriers for underrepresented groups, such as women and minorities, that need to be addressed to create a more diverse and inclusive physics community.