Introduction to Digital course

In summary, for an introduction to Digital Electronics, the recommended books are Digital Design Principles and Practices by John F. Wakerly 3rd Edition onwards, Kime/Mano, and Digital Electronics by Malvino. These books provide comprehensive materials and also cover important topics such as programming and simulation using VHDL. They are highly recommended by current students taking digital electronics courses.
redgoat
Hi everyone,
I am going to take a digital electronics course next sesmester. But, I know nothing about Digital Electronics. What books do you recommand for introduction to Digital Electronics? And, any website for this course? Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I recommend Digital Design Principles and Practices by John F. Wakerly 3rd Edition onwards.

It is very comprehensive and good as reading materials to complement your lecture materials.
Also, included is a teaching on how to use Xinlinx software to program and simulate your digital circuit, using VHDL programming. Quite impt for digitsl electronics.

i am currently enrolled in digital electronics course and we look at kime/mano and digital elec. by Malvino..and i find them good.worth trying

1. What is the purpose of the "Introduction to Digital course"?

The purpose of the "Introduction to Digital course" is to provide students with a foundational understanding of digital technologies and how they impact our world. It covers topics such as digital communication, data analysis, and digital ethics.

2. What are the prerequisites for taking this course?

There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course, but a basic understanding of computer skills and terminology is recommended. It is also helpful to have a curiosity and interest in digital technologies and their impact on society.

3. Is this course suitable for beginners?

Yes, this course is designed for beginners who have little to no prior knowledge of digital technologies. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject and does not assume any previous experience or knowledge.

4. What can I expect to learn from this course?

By taking this course, you can expect to gain a basic understanding of digital technologies, their applications, and their impact on society. You will also learn about data analysis, digital communication, and ethical considerations in the digital world.

5. How is this course structured?

This course is typically divided into modules, with each module covering a specific topic related to digital technologies. It may include lectures, readings, assignments, and discussions to help students understand and apply the concepts learned.