Introduction to supersymmetry

• Thread starter shereen1
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Dear All
Can anyone suggest me a book as a basic introduction to supersymmetry In fact i have Wess and West but i need other.
Thank you

Answers and Replies

Hi Shereen,
the best introductory book I have come across is:
Supersymmetric Gauge Field Theory and String Theory (Graduate Student Series in Physics) by D. Bailin, it's designed for early PhD or masters students so it is a proper technical introduction but still accessible.

Likes arivero and shereen1
ChrisVer
Gold Member
Is Bailin and Love good for intro? I am not sure... I happened to be introduced to susy from that book, but I didn't really enjoy it... Because it is for either advanced Master students or Phds (with some previous knowledge on the topic), I think Bailin and Love move way too fast and have very compressed information in their book.
I'd recommend either different reviews that go around online or other student master theses (where you can read some things in more detail), or maybe Theory and Phenomenology of Sparticles by M.Drees, R. Godbole and P.Roy.
I am not sure if I understood it better because I read it later in time (when I was more ready for that) or if it's any better for introduction...

Likes shereen1
ChrisVer
Gold Member
May I suggest Supersymmetry Demystified as a gentle introduction.
good luck in keeping track of typos. :DD but it can also be "educational"

nrqed
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
good luck in keeping track of typos. :DD but it can also be "educational"
You are right, I withdraw my suggestion. I had to write it from scratch in 6 months and I was sleeping 2-3 hours a night the last few weeks ;-)