Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introduction to supersymmetry

1. Feb 9, 2016 #1
    Dear All
    Can anyone suggest me a book as a basic introduction to supersymmetry In fact i have Wess and West but i need other.
    Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2016 #2
    Hi Shereen,
    the best introductory book I have come across is:
    Supersymmetric Gauge Field Theory and String Theory (Graduate Student Series in Physics) by D. Bailin, it's designed for early PhD or masters students so it is a proper technical introduction but still accessible.

4. Feb 9, 2016 #3

ChrisVer

Gold Member

Is Bailin and Love good for intro? I am not sure... I happened to be introduced to susy from that book, but I didn't really enjoy it... Because it is for either advanced Master students or Phds (with some previous knowledge on the topic), I think Bailin and Love move way too fast and have very compressed information in their book.
    I'd recommend either different reviews that go around online or other student master theses (where you can read some things in more detail), or maybe Theory and Phenomenology of Sparticles by M.Drees, R. Godbole and P.Roy.
    I am not sure if I understood it better because I read it later in time (when I was more ready for that) or if it's any better for introduction...

5. Feb 12, 2016 #4

haushofer

Science Advisor

6. Feb 28, 2016 #5

ChrisVer

Gold Member

good luck in keeping track of typos. :DD but it can also be "educational"

7. Feb 28, 2016 #6

nrqed

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You are right, I withdraw my suggestion. I had to write it from scratch in 6 months and I was sleeping 2-3 hours a night the last few weeks ;-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook