1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introductory Physics

1. Jun 22, 2015 #1
    Hello all,

I'm currently 13 and I'm currently looking to pursue physic studies, but I'm not entirely sure my math backgrounds are sufficient for me to understand elementary physics. I'm on the verge of completing Algebra 2, moving onto Pre-Calc once summer ends.

Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2015 #2
    High school physicss? Sure. College physics not so much.

4. Jun 23, 2015 #3
    I'm fine with High School Physics, but can you link or suggest some resources for my case?

5. Jun 23, 2015 #4
    Khan academy maybe. I took calc and college physics at the same time. It was okay

6. Jun 23, 2015 #5
    Thanks

7. Jun 24, 2015 #6

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

For the most introductory physics, all that's really needed is a solid handle on algebra and a knowledge of basic right triangle trigonometry, as well as a working knowledge of basic geometrical properties.

ETA - However, to really do physics, one must have a good working knowledge of differential and integral calculus. A physics class that doesn't include calculus is really just using standardized formulas that are a result of the calculus. Such a class has a much more limited scope, but is still a worthwhile introduction.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook