1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introductory Systems and Signal Processing resources?

1. Sep 20, 2012 #1
    I don't have an explicit problem to be answered per se, but what can I do about my signals processing course?

We're only into our 4th week of school, and already my professor has had several lectures on Fourier Transforms. I am lost. Besides basic calculus, trig, and complex number theory, I didn't really know much going into this course. And he's already getting into the core of the subject matter.

All of the other resources that I've taken a look at seem to introduce the Fourier Transform at least halfway into the course, once a great bit of background has been developed. My professor has not taken the time to do this, so all I see on the board is a bunch of improper integrals and special functions with little meaning.

Suggestions?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted