1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inverse Laplace Transform - Help please?

1. Nov 27, 2011 #1
    Hello everyone, I'm currently enrolled in Control Theory at my University, and part of the coursework requires differential equations; which wouldn't be a problem, if not for the fact it's been 2 years since i've taken D.E. Anyway, over the course of the problem I ran into this little function, and it's giving me a rough time..

F(s) = (1/6) / ((s+2)^2)

I'm attempting to take the inverse Laplace, but i'm not finding any explicit transform pairs that fit this function. I'll be honest, I remember that you're able to shift the function, but I have no recollection of how to do so. Would anyone be so kind as to help me out with this little bugger? I have the rest of the problem complete except for this stickler. Thank you in advance! :)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2011 #2

vela

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Education Advisor

Look into properties of the Laplace transform that relate what you have to known transforms in the table. They're likely listed in the table as well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook