1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inverse Laplace transform

1. Oct 16, 2006 #1
    Hi I'm having problems find the inverse Laplace transform of [tex]\frac{s}{{\left( {s + 4} \right)^4 }}[/tex] via a table/look up method.

In another question part I found the inverse Laplace transform of (s+4)^-4 by considering [tex]\frac{{d^3 }}{{db^3 }}\left[ {\left( {s + b} \right)^{ - 1} } \right][/tex] so that the problem essentially reduced to finding the inverse Laplace transform of 1/(s+b). After that I just set b = 4 to get the answer.

But I can't think of a way to do this one (the one in the first sentence of this post). I have [tex]L^{ - 1} \left\{ {\frac{1}{{\left( {s + 4} \right)^4 }};s \to t} \right\} = \frac{{t^3 }}{6}e^{ - 2t} [/tex] but I don't see a way to use it to find the inverse Laplace transform of s(s+4)^-4. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?