Efficient Simplification of cos(sin^{-1}(9x))

In summary, the formula for simplifying cos(sin<sup>-1</sup>(9x)) is √(1-(9x)<sup>2</sup>). If the value of x is known, it can be plugged into the formula to calculate the simplified value. The inverse function of sin(x) is sin<sup>-1</sup>(x), also known as arcsin(x). The simplified formula works for both positive and negative values of x, but the simplified value may be negative for negative values of x. The simplified value can be used in problems involving trigonometric functions and their inverse functions, such as finding the value of an angle or the length of a side in a triangle.
astr0
I need to simplify this expression. How do I go upon that? [tex]cos(sin^{-1}(9x))[/tex]

Physics news on Phys.org
astr0 said:
I need to simplify this expression. How do I go upon that? [tex]cos(sin^{-1}(9x))[/tex]
What have you tried? Before we can help you, you need to have made an effort at solving the problem for yourself.

Mark44 said:
What have you tried? Before we can help you, you need to have made an effort at solving the problem for yourself.
I agree with Mark!

What is the formula for simplifying cos(sin-1(9x))?

The formula for simplifying cos(sin-1(9x)) is √(1-(9x)2).

How do I simplify cos(sin-1(9x)) if the value of x is known?

If the value of x is known, you can simply plug it into the formula √(1-(9x)2) and calculate the simplified value of cos(sin-1(9x)).

What is the inverse function of sin(x)?

The inverse function of sin(x) is sin-1(x), also known as arcsin(x).

Can I simplify cos(sin-1(9x)) if the value of x is negative?

Yes, the formula for simplifying cos(sin-1(9x)) works for both positive and negative values of x. However, the simplified value may be negative for negative values of x.

How can I use the simplified value of cos(sin-1(9x)) in a problem?

The simplified value of cos(sin-1(9x)) can be used in problems involving trigonometric functions and their inverse functions, such as finding the value of an angle or the length of a side in a triangle.