1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inverter design

1. Jan 14, 2008 #1
    How to design 12vdc-220vac 2000,3000,5000 and 10000watts. I need a circuit diagrams and detailed discriptions.Thanks Ismail Dari.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2008 #2
    First of all is your input AC or DC. Or just ACDC!

The design procedures for the vaious power levels varies quite a bit and is not somehting you can get by just 'googling it' The filter part of the circuit itself involves a lot of things. I suggest you catch hold of some expert or find a book written by an expert (not just theory, but practical also) to help you out.

4. Jan 14, 2008 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

We sure are getting a lot of questions about this lately. Ismail, please read this recent thread where we had a discussion about AC Mains safety:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=112959

After reading that, could you please post a bit here about your background in electronics and project construction, and where the inverters will be used? Thanks.

5. Mar 9, 2011 #4
    I am a new member i am working on one inverter but i am havering problems with connecting the emitters of the 2n3055 transistor to the negative terminal of the battery , can some help out with this plz . Thank you

6. Mar 9, 2011 #5
    Here is an old inverter circuit used in the 1960's for Capacitor Discharge (CD) ignition circuits, using two 2N3055's. Note that this circuit is for 6-volt batteries.

http://www.wbnoble.com/WN_articles/CD-ignition-SK.pdf

Bob S

7. Mar 14, 2011 #6
    bob s thank you for your reply but the information you sent me did not hepl me with the solution but all the same i am greatful to you , but i will be happy if you can send me the origanal schemetic diagrame of a 12vdc to 240vac inverter 5oow, i have some other diagrams but they did not work at all, this is the information of what i am working on, i used 4047 ic to create the oscillation , LM324 IC sound chip for amplifing the oscillation wave for the base of the 2n3055 transistors and a ups transformer for amplifing the voltage, but i used 1ohm or 0.047 ohm but on the diagram i was to use o.1 ohm resistor to connect the emitters to the nagative terminal it is because i did not get 0.1 ohm, plz helpe to get the origanal information i will be more than greateful.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?