1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Inverter - V/F constant control of an induction motor

1. Nov 7, 2013 #1
    Hi. I am writing a report on an experiment. The experiment is on power electronics. An investigation of V /f constant control of induction motor with inverter was carried out. A converter and an inverter are connected to an induction motor to change AC to DC and back to AC, as shown in the diagram.
    . The output frequency of the inverter is set to 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 Hz and the output voltage, output current and rotation speed (rpm) of the inverter are then recorded. I want to know the reason to the results for f-V relation. At first they're proportional but when it reaches 225 V, the voltage seems to go constant, why is that? My teacher said this was expected to happen and we have to write out the reason. Help, please?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted