1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Investigate neptune

1. Apr 24, 2005 #1
    hello. i have to investigate neptune and i don't know what exactly to investigate. all i can find is that the interior is a bit of a mystery. what type of instrument (employed by a satellite) would be able to unravel this? i really need more than this but i don't know what else about neptune is important to study. i really need help on this because ive got to get working on it. i would appreciate ANY suggestions or guidance.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2005 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why don't you take a look at the Huygens probe that recently investigated the atmosphere of Saturn's moon Titan? The same kind of spacecraft could be useful on Neptune.

- Warren

4. Apr 24, 2005 #3
    thanks. i think can use one of those instruments. the instruments i seem to be looking at all look at the atmosphere. is there anything that could give hints about the "surface"? what else would be significant to find out about neptune? surrounding area, magnetic field, heat source...i can't think of much else. would instruments meant to measure land work for neptune?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?