Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Invisibility at PF

1. Apr 30, 2007 #1
    No I am not talking about walking around in real life and being invisible, I am talking about this PF feature (for us special people :smile:).

When I look at a thread that I have posted in, it says that "mattmns is Invisible" Does this show up for other people as well, or just me? Also, I am not sure if I see the point of being invisible, if someone can click on my profile and see that I am viewing some thread, or doing some other activity. Overall, I am not sure if there is any point to being "Invisible" at all.

When I clicked the check-mark to be invisible, I was hoping to be able to sneak into the ladies room and see the sisterhood pillow-fighting naked; Instead, however, I was not invisible and ended up taking a beating :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2007 #2
    When you're invisible, everyone else sees you as offline even when you're online. And on the main page you won't even be listed in the active users list. This means you can be logged in and no one even knows you were ever there unless you post.

Some people prefer this because when someone else sees them online they might wish to PM or IM them and expect a prompt reply, and they don't want to be bothered.

4. Apr 30, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I just checked as a regular member, it says you are "offline", you do not show up in the list of members named online and viewing your profile, it does not tell me where you are or when you last logged in. It's blank.

According to PF, you're not here.

However, MENTORS can see invisible people. muwahahahah

5. Apr 30, 2007 #4
    I feel obligated to use it now, just because I can.

EDIT: Muahaha!

EDIT2: I only have 15 school days left until I graduate high school...

EDIT3: Edits are pretty fun, I still don't understand the "Reason for Editing:" thing...

EDIT4: I will type in a reason and see what comes of it.

EDIT5: I still don't know what that's for...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  6. Apr 30, 2007 #5

Evo

Heheh, Donski is the only here now. :biggrin:

7. Apr 30, 2007 #6
    :approve:

It's also interesting to see two or three page threads with not a single non-contributor post.

8. Apr 30, 2007 #7
    I just checked out your profile moose and I see nothing, sweet! But now I know you are invisible! I also have signatures turned off and I had never seen your signature before, awesome :rofl:

edit... Congrats on the graduation :smile:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  9. Apr 30, 2007 #8

Evo

Congrats invisible moose!!!! Let us know when it's official so we can celebrate!

10. Apr 30, 2007 #9
    I added the Math is cool part back in the day when that was your signature...

Thanks, I just can't wait for the roadtrip I will take with a bunch of my graduate friends :smile:

11. Apr 30, 2007 #10
    Personally, I dont go invisible because everyone already knows I have no life and spend way too much time on here. :wink:

12. Apr 30, 2007 #11
    invisible is so that the contributors can pay to be able to safely watch you at night with nobody knowing it. why else would moose subscribe.

13. Apr 30, 2007 #12
    You caught me :redface:

14. May 1, 2007 #13

Mk

Can the moderators and powerful people upstairs see the posts I delete? Because I wonder why it asks me the reason why I'm deleting it. If no body is going to see it ever again, why is it asking me the reason why I'm deleting it? I hope not, because if I delete it, I don't want anybody to see my idiotic remark!

15. May 1, 2007 #14

Evo

Yes, we can see it, but we rarely go to the trouble of opening deleted posts. We have enough to do already, trust me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?