Invisible Users Viewing Forum: Is This a Bug?

• Thread starter dx
  • Start date
In summary, the forum displays the number of users viewing it, including invisible users. This may lead to confusion, but it is not a bug and has been like this for a while. To become invisible, users can go to their profile settings. However, being counted as a viewer does not necessarily mean the user is logged on.
dx
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I just noticed that invisible users are counted in the (12 Viewing) part beside the forum names. Is this a bug?

Physics news on Phys.org
Its been like that as far I've known. You're not listed at the bottom of the forum however even though you're counted.

I see. Thanks.

How do I become invisible? :smile:

My PF > Edit options.

I am so invisible right now...see? :smile:

Saladsamurai said:
I am so invisible right now...see? :smile:

Nope. Now you're just offline :wink:

Most of the people counted but not seen are not invisible, they are just not logged on.

Right now, only 85 of over 900 people viewing the forum are logged on.

Yeah I knew that but in this particular case there was only one person viewing and I knew he was invisible. :smile:

1. What does the "Invisible Users Viewing Forum" mean?

The "Invisible Users Viewing Forum" refers to the number of users who are currently browsing the forum but have chosen to hide their online status. This feature allows users to remain anonymous while still being able to view and participate in the forum.

2. Why are there invisible users on the forum?

There could be a variety of reasons why users choose to be invisible on the forum. Some may want to browse without being noticed or contacted by other users, while others may simply prefer to maintain their privacy.

3. Is this a bug or a feature?

This is a feature that is intentionally built into the forum software. It allows users to have more control over their online presence and privacy while still being able to participate in the forum.

4. Can I make myself an invisible user?

Yes, most forums have the option to hide your online status. This can usually be found in the user settings or profile section. Keep in mind that this feature may not be available on all forums.

5. Does being an invisible user affect my ability to participate in the forum?

No, being an invisible user does not affect your ability to participate in the forum. You can still post, reply, and interact with other users just like any other user. The only difference is that your online status will not be visible to others.