Ionized Arm Band

Evo
Mentor
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/qray.html

When you see the Q-Ray commercials now, they don't directly claim that it has specific benefits, only that purchasers report benefits, and they show a bunch of vaguely-worded testimonials. If the purchaser is indeed "benefiting" from a placebo effect, you cannot challenge the sellers on it. Very sneaky.

In the late '60s, early '70s (IIRC) it was copper bracelets that became a fad, with supposed health benefits. That in turn was a recycling of an even older folk belief in using copper bracelets to combat arthritis. One of my uncles used to wear his 24/7.
I'm almost at the point where if someone is stupid enough to buy something that fraudulant that they don't deserve to get their money back. Like the old saying goes "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maybe they should be sold as placebo effect stimulators.

Of course the irony is in the statement that they only "believed" that there was pain relief.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Maybe they should be sold as placebo effect stimulators.

Of course the irony is in the statement that they only "believed" that there was pain relief.
Yeah, there's actually two distinct things here.

Aside from whether the braceletes have any real effect, they don't even study whether there's a real placebo effect (which is still measurable using the right kind of study).

All they can claim is that the patients are convinced that they have experienced pain relief.

you have iron in your blood but the bracelet isn't ionized not that that would matter. :/

paw
If these guys can ionize a solid, they are serious candidates to a Nobel Prize.
My thoughts exactly. I'd like to see what would happen if your positively ionized band came close to my negatively ionized band. It would be shocking.