How to Transfer Data from Intel Galileo Gen 2 to dweet.io Using Ubuntu OS?

• Thread starter cnh1995
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Galileo
In summary, the individual has completed a project on power analysis using Intel Galileo board and Arduino IDE. The output is displayed on the serial monitor and they now want to put the data on dweet.io for IoT purposes. They are using Ubuntu OS and are looking for step-by-step instructions on how to proceed. They are also wondering if they need to use an Ethernet shield. To access dweet.io, they need to have some sort of access such as FTP or raw TCP. They also need to connect to an existing network or find another way to connect to the internet. Once they have successful access, they must determine how to present the data, whether through a HTML file or as raw data accessible via FTP. Overall, they are thankful
cnh1995
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I have completed a small project on power analysis using Intel galileo board and arduino IDE. The output is displayed on the serial monitor. Now I want to put the data on dweet.io , as IoT. How should I proceed? I have used ubuntu OS for running arduino. Could anyone give me the step-wise procedure? Do I need to use an ethernet shield for that?

Technology news on Phys.org
cnh1995 said:
Now I want to put the data on dweet.io , as IoT.
Let us see:
  • I do not know about dweet.io, but you need to have some sort of access to it. The usual kind of access is through FTP, but using raw TCP to a pre-determined port is also a possibility. This is the first thing you must find out.
  • Since you are running Ubuntu, you already have the TCP/IP protocol suite installed. What you need now is a way to use that. The simplest way is to connect to an existing network using either Ethernet or Wi-Fi. If no such network is available, you must find another way to connect to the Internet. One way is using a modem and a dial-up line to a provider. The protocol for handling that is called PPP, and I assume Ubuntu has that covered.
  • Now, assuming that you have successfully found a way to transfer data to dweet.io, you must determine how to present your data. This is more complicated than just printing numbers to a terminal - you need a structure around your numbers. If you want to look at the data using a web browser, you need to created a HTML file incorporating your data. If you just want the raw data accessible via FTP, you still need to put your data into a file and transfer that file as a unit.
This is just a short summary, you may already have some other ideas for your data. But be thankful for Ubuntu - the communications protocols are in place and tested out. Writing a set of communications protocols are not trivial, and would probably take years.

1. What is IoT?

IoT stands for the Internet of Things. It refers to a network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and connectivity, which enables these objects to connect and exchange data.

2. What is Intel Galileo gen 2?

Intel Galileo gen 2 is a development board designed for the Internet of Things. It is based on the Intel Quark SoC X1000 application processor, a 32-bit Intel Pentium-class system on a chip (SoC) running up to 400 MHz. It is compatible with Arduino shields and supports Linux and Windows operating systems.

3. What are the main features of Intel Galileo gen 2?

The main features of Intel Galileo gen 2 include an Intel Quark X1000 processor, 256 MB of onboard DDR3 memory, a microSD card slot, a full-size mini-PCI Express slot, a USB 2.0 host port, and a 10/100 Ethernet port. It also has 14 digital input/output pins, 6 analog inputs, and support for I2C, SPI, and UART communication protocols.

4. How can I use Intel Galileo gen 2 for IoT projects?

Intel Galileo gen 2 can be used to prototype and develop a wide range of IoT projects. Its compatibility with Arduino shields and support for various communication protocols make it a versatile platform for building connected devices. It also has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, making it easier to connect to the internet and other devices.

5. What are the advantages of using Intel Galileo gen 2 for IoT?

There are several advantages of using Intel Galileo gen 2 for IoT projects. It is an affordable and easy-to-use development board with a large community of users and resources available online. It also has powerful processing capabilities, built-in communication features, and is compatible with various software tools and languages. Additionally, it is designed for low-power consumption, making it suitable for battery-powered IoT devices.