IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading

• Thread starter force_air_1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, The conversation is about the IPhO (International Physics Olympiad) and the books used for preparation. One person recommends Irodov's 'general problems in Physics' as a helpful resource, while another person suggests practicing previous 10-12 year problems. The conversation also mentions someone being selected for the Olympiad with less than two weeks to prepare and asking for help.
force_air_1
Did anyone study for the IPhO? What books did you guys use? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
My friend who went to IPhO said he used Irodov, 'general problems in Physics'.

^is that a book of problems? or do they actually teach the syllabus of the olympiad?

It is a book of problems, i recommend it too :)

do previous 10-12 year problems...very helpful..

IPhO 2008

Will you go to IPhO 2008? If yes, yim me, my yahoo id is : victorbuza
I am a member of the Moldovan team for this year's olympiad.

I am not going. I didn't study for my country's exams and haha.. good luck!

what is the haha for ? :)
Thanks for wishing good luck

Hey guys! I need help! I got selected by my school as I am top 6 for the Physics exams. And i got such late notice.. i only have less than 2 weeks to study for it! Can anyone help me? :(

1. What is the purpose of IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading?

The purpose of IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading is to provide students with valuable resources and strategies to help them prepare for the International Physics Olympiad (IPhO). These books offer study tips, recommended reading materials, and practice problems to help students improve their understanding of physics concepts and excel in the competition.

2. Who can benefit from using IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading?

IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading can benefit any student who is preparing for the International Physics Olympiad. These books are especially helpful for students who want to improve their physics knowledge and problem-solving skills, as well as those who want to familiarize themselves with the format and difficulty level of the IPhO.

3. Are the study tips and recommended reading materials in these books applicable to other physics competitions?

While the primary focus of IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading is to help students prepare for the IPhO, the study tips and recommended reading materials can also be beneficial for other physics competitions. These resources cover a wide range of physics topics and concepts, which can be applied to various competitions and exams.

4. How can I access IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading?

IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading can be accessed through various online platforms, such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. They are available in both physical and digital formats, making them easily accessible for students around the world.

5. Are these books suitable for all levels of physics proficiency?

Yes, IPhO Books: Study Tips & Recommended Reading are suitable for students of all levels of physics proficiency. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced student, these books offer valuable insights and resources that can help you improve your overall understanding of physics and excel in the IPhO competition.