Which GPS receiver is most accurate for the iPhone 4S?

In summary, the conversation discusses the accuracy of GPS on phones and potential apps to test it. The speakers have found the GPS to be impressively accurate, with one user mentioning an app called "gps test" that shows a current accuracy of 12.1 feet. However, another speaker notes that a similar app has poor reviews, and there is a brief mention of different devices and GPS receivers.
moonman239
How accurate does the GPS on your phone tend to be? When I'm outside, under good conditions I can see impressive accuracy, especially considering the precision of the measurements. I walked to the left of a building this afternoon, out by the parking lot. The phone thought I was positioned just a few feet away. Not bad, huh?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I can't give you any technical, but I've been impressed as well. It's real nice for driving.

There's probably an app for that. I have one for droid called "gps test" that says 12.1 feet at the moment.

What is the accuracy of the GPS on the iPhone 4S?

The iPhone 4S uses a combination of GPS, Wi-Fi, and cell tower data to determine its location. On average, the GPS accuracy is within 16 feet, but this can vary depending on the signal strength and environmental factors.

Can the GPS accuracy be improved on the iPhone 4S?

Yes, there are a few things you can do to improve the GPS accuracy on your iPhone 4S. Make sure your phone has a clear view of the sky, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and make sure your location services are enabled for the specific app you are using.

Why does the GPS accuracy sometimes fluctuate on the iPhone 4S?

The GPS accuracy can fluctuate due to a weak signal, interference from tall buildings or trees, or changes in weather conditions. It can also be affected by the number of satellites available at the time of use.

Does the iPhone 4S have a built-in compass for navigation?

Yes, the iPhone 4S has a built-in digital compass that works in conjunction with GPS to provide accurate navigation. The compass can be accessed through the Maps app or by swiping left on the home screen to access the compass app.

Can the iPhone 4S use GPS without an internet connection?

Yes, the iPhone 4S can use GPS without an internet connection. However, it may take longer to establish a location and the accuracy may not be as precise as when connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.