Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Iphone calculator apps

1. Apr 9, 2012 #1
    Curious if anyone has found any good iphone calculator apps? Anything good for graphing?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2012 #2
    Anyone think an iphone or ipad app would replace a traditional graphing calculator?

4. Apr 11, 2012 #3
    I know one exists, but I can't remember its name. I know, I'm a big help.

5. Jun 14, 2012 #4
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/mathstudio/id439121011?mt=8

Here's a good one, or so it seems. I'm still deciding if I want to buy it, however. My TI-83+ I've had since 1997 took a blow to the screen somehow (I think -- hard to describe what's going on with it) so I'm looking for a replacement and might just get MathStudio for my Android phone. I don't expect students will ever be able to use smartphone calculators on tests due to the whole internet/cheating thing, but I mostly just use my TI-36X Pro scientific calculator on tests anyway.

MathStudio or TI-89 Titanium or TI-nSpire CX CAS or HP-50....decisions, decisions.

6. Jun 14, 2012 #5
    I use the i41CX.

Hands down the best RPN calculator ever made was the HP-41C and this is the best iPhone emulation of it.

7. Jul 3, 2012 #6
    I like two apps very well, i41cx as noted above without the CAS, and WolframApha,(unmatched)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook